Pity Party Over...The Rebuilding Begins - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Sport
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: HueyPilotVN
Pity Party Over...The Rebuilding Begins

Tomorrow I will hopefully pick up an almost exact duplicate of my old Commander Limited. The only two differences I can find between them is that the new one has a Hemi and the VES. The exact same color inside and out and this one looks factory fresh with no dings or modification that I can see. Now the challenge is to choose to do the same mods or to change the plan with this one. I am open to suggestions. I still have the same overall goal of making it an expedition vehicle. Therefore I will probably do another Aux gas tank for an additional 30 gallons of gas. I will need a rear tire carrier to be able to use the space for the tank. Any thoughts on the new tire carrier? I will probably swap out the third row of seats for a locking storage compartment again. That will probably require Superlift rear coils at least for the weight. I will get another locking console from Jon. What ideas do you guys have as to the front and rear bumpers for this one. I got to find another "Gold Miner" for the hood. Lift, spacers, and new tires?. This one has all the factory skid plates. I will need new lower side body protection, Jon? I have a feeling that Jon is about to get a big order....What other ideas do you guys have for a fresh canvas??

Here is a late picture of the "Lost Commander"

I have found a replacement for the Stacker that will need the graphic treatment and it will take awhile to replace the Coach. The new one will probably be 45 feet and have at least a 600 HP Diesel for pulling the Stacker. Still wish I could find my old vehicles, but they now could be anywhere. Need to focus on the future.

2007 Jeep Green Limited 4.7 Flex Fuel, RR 2.5" 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17, K&N CAI, Flowmaster, Diamond Plate Locking Trunk, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
Second 2007 Jeep Green Limited Leather HEMI QDII VES Uconnect Flowmaster OEM Skids Tow Package

Maybe the two will meet up soon edit: they did , I now have 2,now gave 1 away...and got it back again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 12:30 AM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
So glad that you have turned a negative into a positive we look forward to the garage build. If you need anything let us know, many of us have parts in our real garages.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 XK, Steel Armadillo Front Bumper w/Warn Powermate winch, Rear Bumper w/tire carrier & Super Sliders, Rhino Rack Roof Rack and Foxwing Awning, KC Lights on Steel Armadillo Light Bar, 4xGuard Rear Differential Cover, Steel Armadillo Plates.
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Points: 4,967, Level: 45 Points: 4,967, Level: 45 Points: 4,967, Level: 45
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%

You're the man, Huey.

Is 'Jon' mr steel armadillo?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 09:47 AM
Points: 10,542, Level: 68 Points: 10,542, Level: 68 Points: 10,542, Level: 68
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%

Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
2WD
Great news. What better way of focusing on something besides your resent misfortunes than by rebuilding your Commander and the rest of your kit. Welcome to the HEMI club, by the way.

Where did you find such a choice Limited? I recently had a scare that had me looking for a replacement for Large Marge. A little over a week ago a dually Ram 3500 used me instead of his brakes to keep from running a red light.

One of the body shop guys I consulted said there was a chance the unibody was bent and, if so, that would total my Jeep. Thankfully, it never came to that (photos in my album). Anyway, I ended up looking around to see what was available just in case. Short story, I found little. Seems folks are hanging on to their Commanders. Cheers. Jorge

2006 Limited, Light Khaki Metallic, Light Graystone/Dark Khaki Leather, HEMI, QDII, Rear DVD, REC Nav w/09 Database, woody side, EGR hood deflector, AEM Gun Metal Brute Force CAI, tilting rearview mirrors.
“I did not enter politics out of philanthropy but rather as an extension of my own annoyance at having inherited freedoms infringed by power-crazed idiots spouting gibberish”. Nigel Farage MEP; Leader, UK Independence Party
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Points: 5,186, Level: 46 Points: 5,186, Level: 46 Points: 5,186, Level: 46
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%

I have a Hemi Limited and love it! Way to move on Huey, in style with horse power I might add
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100

4WD
Picked it up this afternoon. It had a couple of extra things I missed when I first looked at it. It has the bluetooth in the rear view mirror U connect for the cell phone. Also has a couple of wireless headsets for the VES. I was actually thinking as I drove it that it was a pretty nice street jeep. Maybe a "Mall Crawler"...nah. I was amazed that there are no dings inside or outside. I bought it from a Lexus dealership and they really detailed and waxed it. It really does look showroom fresh. I take some pictures tomorrow.

2007 Jeep Green Limited 4.7 Flex Fuel, RR 2.5" 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17, K&N CAI, Flowmaster, Diamond Plate Locking Trunk, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
Second 2007 Jeep Green Limited Leather HEMI QDII VES Uconnect Flowmaster OEM Skids Tow Package

Maybe the two will meet up soon edit: they did , I now have 2,now gave 1 away...and got it back again.
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 11:49 PM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
Bring it to Arizona and we can drive up the steps to the mall together!

2006 XK, Steel Armadillo Front Bumper w/Warn Powermate winch, Rear Bumper w/tire carrier & Super Sliders, Rhino Rack Roof Rack and Foxwing Awning, KC Lights on Steel Armadillo Light Bar, 4xGuard Rear Differential Cover, Steel Armadillo Plates.
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 12:05 AM Thread Starter

4WD
Took a couple of pictures as the sun was going down.

My cousins Pam and Greg, and his wife and child are going up the coast to Washington state on vacation so I am going to give them the Commander for a few weeks while I plan the mods.

Since I am a full disclosure kind of guy, here are the details on pricing. KBB was just over 23K, bought it for 20K, after TTL it was $22,110.62. Now this was from a dealer and it seems about a clean as I could ask for. It has 62K miles and no they did not do the 60K service, so I will have to. When I bought my other one new it was about 43K and this one has some more goodies

post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Points: 5,680, Level: 48 Points: 5,680, Level: 48 Points: 5,680, Level: 48
Level up: 65% Level up: 65% Level up: 65%

Congratz on your new ride Huey. Hope everything works out for you.
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Points: 5,013, Level: 45 Points: 5,013, Level: 45 Points: 5,013, Level: 45
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%

Yes congrats huey

2006 jeep commander many mods.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in