How is quadra trac 1? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 10:17 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,451, Level: 21 Points: 1,451, Level: 21 Points: 1,451, Level: 21
Level up: 51% Level up: 51% Level up: 51%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

How is quadra trac 1?

Hi guys im new to the forum.I never tried off roading with this system before.I have a 06 jeep commander 3.7.Does any 1 know if this system is good or not?
how capable is it? Cant I just use 1st gear for low?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-08-2012, 12:13 PM
Points: 5,013, Level: 45 Points: 5,013, Level: 45 Points: 5,013, Level: 45
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%

This system is adequate, but with that said you dont have v8 power or a low gear, I own both a 2006 V8 quadratrac 2 trailrated, and a 2006 V6 quadratrac 1 and both do pretty well off road you just have to know your vehicles limits. Hey and welcome to the forum!
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 09:16 AM
Points: 4,379, Level: 42 Points: 4,379, Level: 42 Points: 4,379, Level: 42
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

Welcome to the forum. If you drive it in snow, it will be very adequate because you wouldn't use "LOW" even if you had it. Too much torque and slipage. Off road you will be fine, but loose sand and deep mud may be problematic.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Points: 4,059, Level: 40 Points: 4,059, Level: 40 Points: 4,059, Level: 40
Level up: 55% Level up: 55% Level up: 55%

I have the V6 and you'll be just fine. I've gone through the same terrain as a V8 and the HEMI have at the Badlands in Indiana. You can tell the difference in the three systems when wheeling. the QT-II works like QT-I just that QT-II has a low gear, if your not rock crawling or on a very steep incline/decline most likely you wont use it. QD-II is different and you can see that it works really nice controlling the wheel slip and transferring of power front to back left to right. Here are some YT video proof of how capable the QT-I is. White and brown Commanders are QT-1, Silver is QT-II, and black is the QD-II HEMI.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LuvMyCom...ature=g-user-u

Here is our recent trip to the Badlands (Indiana) same Commanders as above.
https://plus.google.com/u/0/100489624057172180641/posts

The more I take the Commander off-road (QT-I) I realize that the better off-road driver I get. You need to watch your throttle because you don't have the torque the V8 dose so you watch your lines and pace your speed + engine power to get up and over things. With the V8 there's enough torque to get you up without wheelspin (most of the time). Before I would think that the QT-1 was a poor mans 4x4 system, but it just goes to show that the driver is still needed.

Get some good tires, a lift, keep it in 1st gear, Traction Control OFF, and your set for the trails. I think that I can officially put the "Trail Rated" badge on my V6 QT-I Commander - it has proven itself three times now on the trails in all kinds of terrain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in