Rack, Lights, Leveling oppinions! - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Rack, Lights, Leveling oppinions!

Hey all! New to the forum, wish I had joined sooner. My Girlfriend owns a 2008 Commander Limited which is my favorite vehicle ever! Though it doesn't do what I need it to do, it is absolutley perfect for her and our adventures! I LOVE THAT THING!

So, it is currently bone stock but I would like to moderatley change that for the upcoming holiday. I haven't got a lot of cake to play with, but enough to satisfy her wishes I believe. She'd like to see some sort of light bar (she loves the ones on the older Liberty's) and a roof rack of sorts. I've found some cheaper ones (she wants looks over usability) that are universal and kinda look like the Liberty's, but I don't think they would fit. Real Light bars are NOT cheap! I am so surprised how much money one will kick out for some roof mounted lights! The factory Mopar's go for $650-$1100! My plan would be to A. Purchase a steel roof rack, and extend it over the sun roof w/ a cross brace for lights so they are not so far behind the windshield or B. Purchase a light bar for the ungodly prices I've seen. Any suggestions? Any tips? Any pics?

Since it is usually a pavement pounder, I was looking into a leveling kit of sorts as well. I know it looks like it sits lower in the front, but I'm not sure if it actually does or not. On Rocky Road Outfitters page, I found a leveling kit that claims 9/16's of an inch of lift. Is there ANY reason for this? I mean, the price is right and I don't want to kiss drive-thru signs or anything, but 9/16"? Does anyone have any experience with this leveling kit? Is it worth the trouble? Are there any real gains with it installed?

We like to take it up in the hills via gravel roads in the snow for grouse hunting, shooting, etc. I once tried to climb a slightly nasty hill and she just didn't have the clearance I have a 76' Wagoneer w/quadratec and the Commander is like a 2008 version of it! I just wish she had the clearance of it. Oppinions are HIGHLY encouraged! Please help me make our favorite rig even better! Thanks in advance! We all have the best vehicles Jeep ever produced.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Also, if anyone could help direct me in the installation of a factory hitch, I would really be happy! As far as removal of the bumper plate, wiring, where to find one, etc. Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in