Lemon Law??? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Points: 2,248, Level: 28 Points: 2,248, Level: 28 Points: 2,248, Level: 28
Level up: 66% Level up: 66% Level up: 66%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Lemon Law???

I have an '06 with 41,980 miles on it. I have the 4.7 v-8. I'm seriously considering pursuing the lemon law in CT for my Commander, tell me what you think, i have had quite a few problems, maybe im just looking too deep into it:

Front sway bar bushings replaced at 21,525, 28,448, 33,948 and 36,735 as well as the tie rods and power steering pump, Keep in mind the Jeep has been off road 1 time since ive owned it, other than that it does all highway, i have an '01 TJ with 59,000 i use for off roading (and not a day of trouble with that)

Transmission hesitation and reprogramming 2 times, CD player replaced (would not play CD) Heating control panel burned out (backlit display), Fan clutch replaced. Other than that some normal wear and tear items, (brakes resurfaced, new tires oil changes etc.

The latest and greatest thing that pisses me off is I had a crack in the windshield, the Chrysler dealership had diamond/triumph auto glass replace it. Now it leaks, it leaks so bad that there was about 2 inches of rain water gathered on the passenger floor yesterday (not kidding). they have been out twice to "reseal and replace" the defective windshields. Now Diamond/triumph says it is a problem with the sunroof (keep in mind I've never had a problem with ANY leaks ever) Now today with the warmer weather coming back the windows are constantly fogged up and it smells like mold. After talking to the dealership they are going to "try to fix it" tomorrow, and yes they are going to replace the padding. I called DC and they don't seem too interested, they referred me to my owners manual to start the lemon law process, and here in CT it costs $50 to start the process and I have bring the vehicle to Hartford to show the panel of judges the vehicle.

I have included some pics of the water running down the "A" post during the rain.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jul19_0001.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	457   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jul19_0009.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	458  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Points: 11,210, Level: 69 Points: 11,210, Level: 69 Points: 11,210, Level: 69
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

Re: Lemon Law???

When I first bought my XK here in Virginia, I was told that if I had to bring it in three times for the same problem, I could file for it as being a lemon. With that being said, I see that you have brought your XK in 3 times for the bushing, not to mention all of the other problems that you're having. Looking at your current mileage, your bushings will be probably be due for a change soon. IMO
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-24-2007, 10:41 PM
Points: 5,487, Level: 47 Points: 5,487, Level: 47 Points: 5,487, Level: 47
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%

I wonder if you can return a car under lemon law if it's already out of warranty?

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 06:01 PM
Points: 4,209, Level: 41 Points: 4,209, Level: 41 Points: 4,209, Level: 41
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschoepp
The latest and greatest thing that pisses me off is I had a crack in the windshield, the Chrysler dealership had diamond/triumph auto glass replace it. Now it leaks, it leaks so bad that there was about 2 inches of rain water gathered on the passenger floor yesterday (not kidding). they have been out twice to "reseal and replace" the defective windshields. Now Diamond/triumph says it is a problem with the sunroof (keep in mind I've never had a problem with ANY leaks ever) Now today with the warmer weather coming back the windows are constantly fogged up and it smells like mold. After talking to the dealership they are going to "try to fix it" tomorrow, and yes they are going to replace the padding. I called DC and they don't seem too interested, they referred me to my owners manual to start the lemon law process, and here in CT it costs $50 to start the process and I have bring the vehicle to Hartford to show the panel of judges the vehicle.

I have included some pics of the water running down the "A" post during the rain.

Well a lot of us with sunroofs know about the infamous sunroof drain tubes...one of them is probably blocked...have the dealer check them out...it sucks to have a Jeep that was built on a Monday...or was it a Friday??
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Points: 13,804, Level: 76 Points: 13,804, Level: 76 Points: 13,804, Level: 76
Level up: 39% Level up: 39% Level up: 39%

Started on Friday, finished on Monday. Those are the worst.

RIP - Silver '06 Limited; 5.7 Hemi; 2" TerraFlex Lift; 255/70R17 Bridgestone Dueler REVOS, Horizontal Inclinometer, Signal Frog Antenna Ball, Surco Safari 50"x50" Roof Rack, GetLost4x4 bumper, Bulldog 9k Winch, GetLost4x4 Rock Rails - (should have added a snorkel)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Points: 1,826, Level: 25 Points: 1,826, Level: 25 Points: 1,826, Level: 25
Level up: 26% Level up: 26% Level up: 26%

Exclamation Comander 2006 water leaks

Ok i bought a 2006 Jeep commander we bought it may 06 in August 06 we had water in the passenger side. This went on and on. I loved the vehicle and wanted to problem to go away. The dealer was more than helpful but nothing they tried fixed the problem. In disgust i called Chrysler they said they wanted another opinion. But long story short i was screaming for a new vehicle they said i was not able to get the lemon law because the jeep was 2 years old. But my dealer came up to bat and called the district Chrysler rep and stated the history of the problem goes back to Aug 06. Chrysler agreed to buy back the 2006 Commander from me they were very helpful and i just took the cash and was able to place my self in a 2008 Commander Overland with the hemi my wife is scared about the fuel economy. I think I will do better traveling to our summer place on the highway. The new one was a demo and we only had to come up with $1,300.00 more than what we owed on the 2006, but this Overland is decked out. My wife was amazed with the back up camera and the kids loved the new jet-black and chrome look.
Despite my water problem I still LOVE the Commander I would still have my 2006 if it had not had the problem. LOL hopefully we will not encounter the same problem. It was funny both my wife and I took up the passenger side mat and placed our hands on the rug to see if the new one had water but it was dry and we are happy Commander drivers again.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Points: 1,299, Level: 19 Points: 1,299, Level: 19 Points: 1,299, Level: 19
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%

I have found this:
http://www.xkjeeps.com/xk_tsb.htm

to be a great resource for water issues. Not only does it show some of the problems, but also tells the dealer how to fix it. They do have access to these, one of them being the sunroof problem.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

I dont think that them replacing the windshield had anything to do with the water leaking through the A-piller. I know that you would think that since it started right after the windshield being replaced. The reason I say thins is because I had the same issue. Had been through many huge rain storms with no leaks what so ever. Then one day rain started pissing through the A-pillar as shown in your pictures. I took it to the dealer and they replaced the secondary door seal which totally fixed the problem. Now i dont have a sun roof so as started earlier you might have to get that checked out cause that could be leading to the problem. I promise its not the windshield causing the water leaking into the A-pillar.

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in