Several Things That Come To Mind... - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Points: 13,860, Level: 76 Points: 13,860, Level: 76 Points: 13,860, Level: 76
Level up: 53% Level up: 53% Level up: 53%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Several Things That Come To Mind...

While none of us really knows what's in store under Jeep's new management, I have a couple of thoughts.

Could the next generation Grand Cherokee actually be very similar to the Trailhawk? Meaning, although the concept was a bit wild in design (t-tops, odd-looking backend) could it really be the test mule for the next Grand Cherokee... a luxury package riding on the Wrangler Unlimited architecture. Could they be testing the NVH values and seeing how well they can dampen down the ride on a SFA vehicle?

If that's the case... it would most likely be built at the Toledo Supplier Park running 24-hours a day.

If so, that would free up space at Jefferson North to build a next generation Commander next to the Durango/Aspen. I would not be surprised to see the Aspen go away since it is essentially a rebadged, upscale Durango. This would leave room for a next-generation, slightly larger, Commander to fill the luxury full-size SUV roll for Chrysler. All while maintaining the off-roadability we currently have.

Also, in a portfolio.com article about Cerebus CEO Stephen Feinberg, there is a mention of how Chrysler will be launching all-new diesel technology for 2011 model year. This is under a technology sharing agreement with Mercedes that remains in effect due to Mercedes retaining 19% ownership of Chrysler. The engine is probably the rumored MB direct-injection system which is to be highly efficient and super clean. If this is headed for the 2011 model year will we see the current Commander (which we already know is here through the 2009 model year) extended out to 2010? Then would new, redesigned diesel powered models would make their debut in 2011?

Yeah, I knew that last part would get your hearts racing.

Last edited by rubicontrail.net; 08-14-2007 at 09:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-14-2007, 04:07 PM
Points: 3,269, Level: 35 Points: 3,269, Level: 35 Points: 3,269, Level: 35
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Re: Several Things That Come To Mind...

I dont know, but a sufficiently powered diesel would be all I would want in a new Commander. Far as I am concerned, other then ground clearance my Commander is just fine. john
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in