08 XK Overland CEL code P013C - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Points: 212, Level: 4 Points: 212, Level: 4 Points: 212, Level: 4
Level up: 24% Level up: 24% Level up: 24%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

08 XK Overland CEL code P013C

It seems that is more common than I thought but still a CEL ON so what is best way to solve this issue without so many returns to the mechanic/dealer?
I found some posts all over the net but none with a conclusive answer. Did Chrysler issued a recall? Are they dealing with each case through the closest dealer under any warranty? or is a never ending battle?

Thanks

Klebao
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 09:34 AM
Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1 Points: 23, Level: 1
Level up: 45% Level up: 45% Level up: 45%

Arrow

P013C-O2 SENSOR 2/2 SLOW RESPONSE RICH TO LEAN

Theory of Operation

The downstream O2 Sensor is located in the exhaust path behind the catalytic converter, is monitored for proper response to assure optimum catalytic converter efficiency. The downstream O2 response monitor is intended to diagnose a downstream O2 sensor that is not moving or stuck in a voltage window and to insure accurate information for catalyst monitor diagnosis.

When Monitored:
Vehicle is started and driven between 32 and 88.5 km/h (20 and 55 mph) with the Throttle open for a minimum of 120 seconds. Coolant greater than 70 (158 F). Catalytic Converter Temp greater than 600 C (1112 F) and EVAP Purge is active.

Set Condition:
The oxygen sensor signal voltage switches less than 16 times from lean to rich within 20 seconds during monitoring. One Trip Fault. Three good trips to turn off the MIL.

Possible Causes

EXHAUST LEAK

(K243) O2 2/2 SIGNAL CIRCUIT

(K904) O2 RETURN DOWNSTREAM CIRCUIT

O2 SENSOR

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 09:57 PM
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%

I have an 08Jeep with 157k and it's been a great ride. My check engine light was going on and off for a while. Now its staying on. I had it checked and my mechanic said the code means I need a new oxygen sensor. Or it could be an exhaust leak.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in