Jeep Commander Forum banner

Vehicle turns off when back glass is popped?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  lange79 
#1 ·
I have a Commander with factory Mopar remote start on the key fob. Whenever I use the remote start to start the Jeep and then open the tailgate glass via the fob (before even getting in), the Jeep turns off...

Anyone know why this could be happening?

Also, I've noticed (thank god it wasn't raining because the first few times I didn't notice until I returned to the Jeep), that when I turn off the Jeep, all the windows, radio etc, still have power for 10 minutes or so unless I open the door. Problem is after it's off and I remove the key, if the sunroof is in the process of auto close, it stops and I have to re-push the close button? My old Nissan Murano didn't do that. Am I missing something?

Just trying to understand the details of my new baby!
Thanks!

#2 ·
My remote start behaves the same way. I believe it is part of the security system...

As far as the window stopping, not sure why it does that and I haven't ever noticed if mine does it... probably just a little oversight in the concept that nobody ever noticed when they designed it?

#3 ·
In the manual it states that if the rear hatch is popped during remote start, it will kill the engine.

The sunroof deal really annoys me. It happens to me too.

I also noticed that sometimes I will turn the car off and the motor will still run until I release the brake pedal (key is out of the ignition). Brings back memories of turbo timers.

#4 ·
the same happens when you activate the auto lift gate. BUT, I believe that if you pop the glass only first and THEN auto start...it should run...I think.

I'll try that one later today and see what happens.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.