Jeep Commander Forum banner

2006-2007 Commanders on recall list

12K views 50 replies 28 participants last post by  cico7 
#1 ·
#6 ·
I do not think it can be a really big problem or one of use would have mentioned it here long before now.

#7 ·
I had my Commander in for the dreaded windshield noise on Wednesday. No mention of it then by the service manager.

The dealer I go to did not know about activating the towing lights through StarScan, and did not know that their own mechanics did the windshield noise repair. He set my appointment for Wednesday, 'cause that's when the "Windshield Guy" would be there. A mechanic overheard our conversation and told him they know what to do.

Some how this dealer does take care of our Jeeps:confused:

#8 ·
recall - High Pressure power streering hose

Hello

received this recall a few days ago, I live in Canada "high pressure power streering hose may crack and develop a power streering leek.

should I wait to take it in? I noticed some times the brakes skeak when I ma backing out of the driveway - should I ask the dealer to address all recalls when I a m there or do I need the specific service authorization card
thanks

#9 ·
On most occassions, dealers check your vehicle in the computer when you take it in for service and perform all required recall services at the time the vehice is in. An exception too this woud be when parts are needed, in which case they should notify you that they have ordered the pasrts and set a follow up appointment.

#10 ·
MississaugaJohn said:
Hello

received this recall a few days ago, I live in Canada "high pressure power streering hose may crack and develop a power streering leek.

should I wait to take it in? I noticed some times the brakes skeak when I ma backing out of the driveway - should I ask the dealer to address all recalls when I a m there or do I need the specific service authorization card
thanks
Don't worry much about the shrieking... as long as there is good stopping, no fade, and no grinding or vibration.

#15 ·
lo79484 said:
How do you coast uphill?
Excellent question, my experience was going up hill the traffic light changes to red at the top so you take your foot off the gas and coast up to the light, my brakes failed at about 25mph. Here is what I posted in May.
shoganone said:
I purchased a 2006 Limited 4x4 Hemi Jeep Commander on 9/1/06 that had 375 miles on it. Before I even owned it for a month I started having problems stopping the vehicle while on an incline. When applying the brake, the pedal goes down a bit then hard and the car won't stop. I also hear a loud grinding bumping noise. I've taken it to the dealer 5 times and they keep giving it back to me because they are unable to replicate the issue. Anyone hear of an issue like this?

Posted this today: Ok gang it took 12 months to convince Chrysler that there was a problem with the brakes...Yesterday I signed papers to Lemon the car and sell it back to Chrysler, the same day that this came out..http://money.cnn.com/2007/09/14/autos/chrysler_recall/index.htm. :eek: :mad:

#16 ·
Well i typed in the last 7 of my vin # and nothing came up. I assume that means im good then?

#19 ·
Ranger6882 said:
Just checked mine are started to panic said vin# did not exist, figured out it is case sensitive, were all good here:)
You are going to have to enter the entire Vin number. Mine did the same until I entered the entire number, then it was posted that my vehicle has no recalls listed. Good luck.

#20 ·
I did mine, and it said no recall either and I'm in the prime zone for recall I think. But, I haven't experienced any issues.

#22 ·
RedCommander said:
This is what Jeep tells me:

No Incomplete Recalls or Customer Satisfaction Notifications Exist

Like Rubi asked, has ANYONE appeared on the Jeep site as needing this recall?
I just checked again and I am still not on the recall list.

I suspect that they are compiling the list preparing to have it posted in the search engine.

That may also be the reason it will take so long to get the letters out.

#24 ·
Try braking on an incline.

#25 ·
Mine also came back with no recall (Late 06 model)

#26 ·
Commanders on recall list

Seems to be 3 recalls for the Commander Get your VEHICLES checked out !

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 06V493000 Mfr's Report Date : DEC 22, 2006
Component: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:ANTILOCK:CONTROL UNIT/MODULE

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 07V415000 Mfr's Report Date : SEP 11, 2007
Component: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:FOUNDATION COMPONENTS:DISC:CALIPER
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 28755

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number : 07V434000 Mfr's Report Date : SEP 11, 2007
Component: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:ANTILOCK:CONTROL UNIT/MODULE
Potential Number Of Units Affected : 296550

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.