Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: North Dakota and Minnesota
1. Why is the commander also called the xk? just shorter to say?
2. Does the 3rd row seating make the Commander feel too bulky? Almost to big to drive?
3. I want the v8 and looks of a commander, but what about the Liberty? It's a little smaller and I almost think the commander is too big. (I don't own one. I was looking at them)
I will answer #2&3, don't have the information for #1.
2. I owned a Land Rover Discovery II SD, before owning my commander. The Land Rover was nice, but i found that the Commander had that better appeal to me. It was V8 or nothing for me, the 4.7 and 5.7 are going to run and pull you over any rocks or hill you would like. The Commander is a larger vehicle but nothing like a Suburban or an Expedition, it much more enjoyable to drive and still has the capabilities with 7 people in the car.
3. I couldn't see myself in a liberty, don't shoot me Jeep lovers but it feels "girly", but thats my perspective. It has the perfect size space and needs for me, but it isn't WAY to big handle.
Hope that helps, Go to a jeep dealership and give one a test drive. It will be worth it!!
2006 Jeep Commander Limited Black, 4.7 V8, K&N air intake, Tan leather, Kenwood DDX470 head unit, Tow package, Quadatrac II.