Do I Have An Alarm? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 07:53 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,918, Level: 26 Points: 1,918, Level: 26 Points: 1,918, Level: 26
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Do I Have An Alarm?

I just purchased a 2007 commander limited today. i just got home with it, and since it is now dark, i've noticed when i get out and lock the door, there is a bright blue blinking light under the steering wheel. the commander came with 2 keys with the keyless entry fob built in, but also 2 other remotes. the remotes themselves doesn't have any button on it. it says battery low and has a slot where a light would shine. the dealer i bought the commander from didn't know what the remotes were. i had the commander inspected by a jeep dealership before purchasing, and they said they had never seen them before. the only thing i can think of is possibly a security alarm. but as i said before, the 2 remotes do not have any buttons on them. and i've only used the key and keyless entry buttons all day today without setting off any alarm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 08:01 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,918, Level: 26 Points: 1,918, Level: 26 Points: 1,918, Level: 26
Level up: 18% Level up: 18% Level up: 18%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

i did a google search on the fcc number on the remote. i think it is some kind of lo-jack system.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 59,482, Level: 100 Points: 59,482, Level: 100 Points: 59,482, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 86% Activity: 86% Activity: 86%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
The stock Commander alarm has a red blinking light on the instrument panel where the gauges are. You must have an aftermarket alarm that was installed by a previous owner.

2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in