Seat Issues - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-03-2014, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,596, Level: 22 Points: 1,596, Level: 22 Points: 1,596, Level: 22
Level up: 96% Level up: 96% Level up: 96%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Seat Issues

Hey guys. So to make a long story short, I got screwed when buying my new 09 Commander. It's a sport edition with the V6, runs and drives great with less than 70k on it. However, after buying it, I noticed that the front passenger seat doesn't have the lever to make the seat move forward or backward. Does anybody know where I can buy the pieces that I need to fix this? I've talked to the dealership and I think all hope is lost as far as their help goes. I've included pictures to show what I'm seeing from my side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1683.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	476.7 KB
ID:	10993

Name:	IMG_1684.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	403.2 KB
ID:	11001

Name:	IMG_1686.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	461.6 KB
ID:	11009

Name:	IMG_1687.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	418.9 KB
ID:	11017
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Points: 1,973, Level: 26 Points: 1,973, Level: 26 Points: 1,973, Level: 26
Level up: 73% Level up: 73% Level up: 73%

Seat issues

I would go to a junk yard and get the seat rails from a junked vehicle. I am will to bet the same years of Grand Cherokees have the same seat rails if you can't find a Commander.

06' limited Hemi, QDII, 2" Rough Country lift with 265/70/17 Nitto Terra Grapplers.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 10:19 AM
Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

Yea, seat parts are NOT usually in the parts system, in fact ordering an entire seat is extriodinarly expensive, because it is never done; so yea, the dealer is NOT going to be any real help.

Concur with Concours14, you need to go to junkyards and find the bar off an existing seat. Its hard to tell from your photos, there should be interlocking teeth in the rails that the bar/lever disengages to allow it to move. It appears you're just missing the bar, but you might be missing other parts as well.

Like said already, the Commander (XK) is based on the WK generation of the Grand Cherokee, having lots of parts in common, so a bar or seat rails from one of those vehicles is likely to work as well as from a Commander. If you only need the bar, I wouldn't be surprised if a bar off other Chrysler/Jeep/Dodge Vehicles would work as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in