Slush mat colors and cargo liners - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2014, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,884, Level: 25 Points: 1,884, Level: 25 Points: 1,884, Level: 25
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Slush mat colors and cargo liners

I have a 2007 Overland with what I believe is called Light Greystone and Dark Slate Grey interior. I was thinking I would pick up a set of Mopar slush mats, but I'm having some trouble with colors, and I'm not sure how many carpet colors were actually available for these.

I'm having some trouble finding the factory mats in different colors though. Mopar.com only has "Dark Khaki" available, and says it "fits" all models and also WKs (doesn't say anything about matching).

Amazon has a set listed as "Slate Grey" but I don't know that either of these actually match my Overland's interior.

http://www.amazon.com/Mopar-82209070-Jeep-Commander-Slush/dp/B000GOGBNK/ref=pd_ybh_21#productDetails
I understand the Overland had two interior options, and from pictures, mine is the starker contrasting one. Like this:

Anyone know where to find slush mats that match my carpet?

I'm also wondering if anyone has the Mopar cargo liner, and what they think of it.

http://www.amazon.com/2006-2009-Commander-Cargo-GENUINE-FACTORY/dp/B00LGYMG9W/ref=pd_ybh_11
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 59,448, Level: 100 Points: 59,448, Level: 100 Points: 59,448, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 40% Activity: 40% Activity: 40%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
I have that color interior and I got some black mats from Sears that work just fine. And they are a whole lot cheaper too.

2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-14-2014, 10:00 PM
Points: 13,779, Level: 76 Points: 13,779, Level: 76 Points: 13,779, Level: 76
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%

I have the Mopar cargo liner and I honestly do not like it. I would've preferred to find something else that filled in the space a bit better. The quality doesn't seem to be the best and it doesn't completely cover the entire back space with the third row folded down. I would've preferred looking into a Weathertech mat.

2008 Commander Limited 5.7L HEMI QDII
Mods: AFE Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI, OME HD Lift w/OME Shocks and Struts, Goodyear Wrangler All Terrains w/Kevlar 255/70R17, JBA Gen 6.7 Upper Control Arms, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator, Magnaflow cat-back system, Custom Retrofit HID Projectors, LED Conversion Kit for Fog Lights, Rigid Industries D2 LED Driving Lights

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep5253 View Post
I have that color interior and I got some black mats from Sears that work just fine. And they are a whole lot cheaper too.
Jeeps just have such strangely shaped foot wells, and even the trim-to-fit ones never seem to lay flat. I'll dig deeper into the universals if I can't get a hold of matching Mopar mats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyCommander View Post
I have the Mopar cargo liner and I honestly do not like it. I would've preferred to find something else that filled in the space a bit better. The quality doesn't seem to be the best and it doesn't completely cover the entire back space with the third row folded down. I would've preferred looking into a Weathertech mat.
You have the folding one like shown that covers the backs of the 2nd row when down too?

That's a little disappointing to hear. I had a weathertech in my WJ, and while the fitment was pretty snug, I felt that the quality was far too "meh" for the high price. There was very little tread depth and the walls around the perimeter were very wavy and tended to stay laying flat once pushed down and not want to return up. Kinda made the walls an ugly and pointless part of the liner,
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 08:26 AM
Points: 13,779, Level: 76 Points: 13,779, Level: 76 Points: 13,779, Level: 76
Level up: 33% Level up: 33% Level up: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlotzky View Post
You have the folding one like shown that covers the backs of the 2nd row when down too?

That's a little disappointing to hear. I had a weathertech in my WJ, and while the fitment was pretty snug, I felt that the quality was far too "meh" for the high price. There was very little tread depth and the walls around the perimeter were very wavy and tended to stay laying flat once pushed down and not want to return up. Kinda made the walls an ugly and pointless part of the liner,
Yes, I have the one that is supposed to fold up and stay on the back of the third row. It even came with four velcro strips and two bungee cords to hook around the headrest of the third row. Unfortunately I couldn't use the bungees as my third row doesn't have headrests like in the older models. I was just able to use the velcro to keep it from sliding though. Because it's meant to fold up I believe this is why it doesn't cover the area from end to end on all sides.

This one too is exactly like how you described, just "meh". The walls around come up about maybe an inch but were also very wavy and looks nothing like pictured from Mopar so also, like you said, makes it look kinda ugly and pointless.

Because mine was shipped rolled up it never really lays flat and it's pretty annoying. You also have to cut out six slits- 4 for the bungees and 2 for the strap to pull the seat up. I wish I would've known that the bungees weren't going to work because now I have six slits on my mat that is designed to contain spills.

For that price I would've rather found something with a better fit and quality. I'll try to get a couple of good pics when I have a moment.

2008 Commander Limited 5.7L HEMI QDII
Mods: AFE Magnum Force Stage 2 CAI, OME HD Lift w/OME Shocks and Struts, Goodyear Wrangler All Terrains w/Kevlar 255/70R17, JBA Gen 6.7 Upper Control Arms, Hypertech Speedo Calibrator, Magnaflow cat-back system, Custom Retrofit HID Projectors, LED Conversion Kit for Fog Lights, Rigid Industries D2 LED Driving Lights

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 09:52 AM
Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

I have "Husky" Cargo Liners for the front and 2nd row seats. Really wished I invested in one for the cargo area, because I am tearing up the carpet with moving things in the back.

The problem with the Cargo Liner, what do you do with it if you have to use the 3rd Row Seats? Yea, if know ahead of time, go ahead and take it out and leave it in the garage. If you're already out on the road and suddenly pick-up extra passengers, what do you do?

The Husky are expensive and they have upturned lips around the low areas to prevent liquid and dirt from shoes or spills running into the carpet. As well as being a tough plastic that you just have to pull out and hose off then put back in. The front seat liners, the upturned lip is tall enough it has bowed/warped inward a bit and doesn't lay up against the carpet surface of the footwell. NOT a big deal, it still does it job just as well, and that one thing does NOT make me feel disatisfied with them, but less than perfect, which makes me wonder if the cargo liners from "Weather Tech" or "Quadratec" whould be better?

Why pay more for the Mopar Cargo Liners? I'd look at the "Husky", "WeatherTec" and "Quadratec" offerings and price and consider them as well.

Last edited by Mongo; 09-15-2014 at 09:54 AM.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 11:26 AM
Points: 7,723, Level: 58 Points: 7,723, Level: 58 Points: 7,723, Level: 58
Level up: 87% Level up: 87% Level up: 87%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 207800
Garage
I've been looking at the slush mats and cargo tray as well. Can anyone verify that the 'slate gray' slush mats and cargo tray are dark gray in color?
I think the dark khaki has a brownish tint to it if I remember right.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
I have "Husky" Cargo Liners for the front and 2nd row seats. Really wished I invested in one for the cargo area, because I am tearing up the carpet with moving things in the back.

The problem with the Cargo Liner, what do you do with it if you have to use the 3rd Row Seats? Yea, if know ahead of time, go ahead and take it out and leave it in the garage. If you're already out on the road and suddenly pick-up extra passengers, what do you do?

The Husky are expensive and they have upturned lips around the low areas to prevent liquid and dirt from shoes or spills running into the carpet. As well as being a tough plastic that you just have to pull out and hose off then put back in. The front seat liners, the upturned lip is tall enough it has bowed/warped inward a bit and doesn't lay up against the carpet surface of the footwell. NOT a big deal, it still does it job just as well, and that one thing does NOT make me feel disatisfied with them, but less than perfect, which makes me wonder if the cargo liners from "Weather Tech" or "Quadratec" whould be better?

Why pay more for the Mopar Cargo Liners? I'd look at the "Husky", "WeatherTec" and "Quadratec" offerings and price and consider them as well.
The Mopar slush mats appear to be by far the cheapest custom fit slush mat option. The Quadratecs look like the next best option to me, but you don't get the color match and the rear seats are just standard universal mats.

The Husky liners, even in pictures, look cheap to me, being all shiny and smooth. And based on my last WeatherTech cargo mat, I'm not excited to buy another one. I don't see an offering from Quadratec on that one.

The cool part about the Mopar mat is just what you're talking about--it folds up with the back seat and makes for a useful mat in all rear configurations--third row up or down, and third and second rows down. Sounds like it's not quite as wonderful in practice, but given my dissatisfaction with Weathertech, it still seems like the best option.

Anyone on the color issue?
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMyCommander View Post
. . . .
I'll try to get a couple of good pics when I have a moment.
Hmm... It sounds like there really isn't a wonderful option for us for cargo liners then. But please do post some pictures when you have time!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-15-2014, 05:44 PM
Points: 1,580, Level: 22 Points: 1,580, Level: 22 Points: 1,580, Level: 22
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

I have one of these cargo liners for sale, for anyone who wants one. It's gray.

I also found it to be useless at containing spills because of the slits that must be cut. What's more, when the seats are in the raised position and the cargo-liner "folded" to fit, it reduces the visibility through the rearview mirror to just about NOTHING.

I don't like it. It's sitting in the garage ontop of a set of brand new Rubicon wheels which are also for sale.

I also have the Mopar slush mats, and I find they are very high quality and have excellent protective coverage. Can't go wrong. I'm told they are only available in one color from Mopar now (maybe just for my '06?) and that's the grey ones I purchased. they don't look bad on my black carpet with the brown leather.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in