Jeep Commander Forum banner

Just had to post

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  1953 
#1 ·
OK guys,

I am new to this forum but I had to post...I live in North Carolina and just got back from a trip to northern Wisconsin for the holidays. I think I might be crazy but I am an avid car enthusiast and have owned Suburbans, Pathfinders, Grand Cherokees, and Tahoe's. I also currently own a Mini CooperS and just acquired a 2006 Commander with very low miles and the Hemi powerplant...Is it me or is this the best riding and driving SUV on the planet? This has got to be the best kept secret in the industry. I know people are gas conscious but this is an amazing vehicle. I read just about every review there was out the and they are all over the board. All I have to say is drive one and you will buy one. I have never been this enthusiastic about a vehicle purchase ever but man this one makes me smile... and when you can buy a $44,000.oo car for what I paid for it and get the kind of ride a luxury car provides...I say ssssssshhhhhhhhhh! Lets keep it a secret. Well maybe not. This thing powers through snow, mud, ice, and you always feel safe. What a car!

Chris

#2 ·
Preaching to the Choir!!! I am with you 100%...best vehicle I have ever owned.

#3 ·
My wife thinks the same way. Enjoyed it greatly with our fresh 6"-8" of snow today.

#4 ·
Welcome Carmfield!

#6 ·
Welcome! and yea -SHHHH, lets keep this a secret so we all can buy Commanders for many years to come after production stops. I know I am buying another right after I run mine into the ground.

Where in northern Wisconsin were you, I have a cabin up there.

#7 ·
My in-laws live in Delafield and have forever but my wife's sister lives in Stevens Point...Which my wife is telling me is not truly Northern Wisconsin...Oh well I am from NC and anytime I see snow like that it is great...My father in laws best friend is a fishing guide up North... I see you are in Brookfield. I hear you guys got a ton of snow yesterday.

#9 ·
One more question...Why does Edmond's hammer it with such a poor rating when the consumer ratings are so high?.....Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?

#11 ·
I have to agree that it's one of the better riding SUVs overall that I've driven; the ML350 is second to the RX350 in terms of creamy-smooth ride quality and the Cayenne S is tops when it comes to feeling connected to the road or a high level of control. While our Commander is not as smooth as the Mercedes or Lexus and not as connected as the Porsche, it is almost the perfect compromise of smooth ride and a high level of control.

#12 ·
In reference to the question about the ratings, my guess is probably because it's not much bigger than the WK.

#13 ·
carmfield said:
My in-laws live in Delafield and have forever but my wife's sister lives in Stevens Point...Which my wife is telling me is not truly Northern Wisconsin...Oh well I am from NC and anytime I see snow like that it is great...My father in laws best friend is a fishing guide up North... I see you are in Brookfield. I hear you guys got a ton of snow yesterday.

Delafield is a nice area, not too far from me either. Yea your wife is right Stevens Point is more central Wi but it gets plenty rural up there so I know what you mean - As for the snow, we did get 7" in about 6 hours which was pretty cool. It was partially lake effect so it was big damp flakes that just stuck to everything ,its beautiful. Glad to hear you enjoyed Wi. Next time you come I recommend going to Bayfield for the weekend. Its a really cool small town right on Lake superior. In the winter they extend the county highway into an ice highway a few miles out to Madeline Island. In the summer you take a ferry. Great vacation spot.

#14 ·
from louisiana to colorado

This vehicle is about as good as it gets for traveling, smooth , and powerfull,i was completely amazed at the way it performed, felt completly safe for over 3600 miles. I have a 2006 5.7 hemi ,was a little skeptical at first ,reading all the bad things said about this vehicle ,but now i think its all just ridiculous, this vehicle performed better than any i have owned and i have owned alot, suburbans, tahoes, expeditions, my wife has a cadillac srx, she thinks on our trip my jeep had a better ride , I AGREE.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.