Chysler to refocus on interiors etc. - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Points: 4,353, Level: 42 Points: 4,353, Level: 42 Points: 4,353, Level: 42
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Chysler to refocus on interiors etc.

See: http://www.reuters.com/article/reute...BrandChannel=0

Lets hope one of the vehicles they are talking about making some quick fixes to the interiors is the Commander. I am looking at an 08 but I would wait until 09 if that would get me a higher quality interior.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Points: 5,134, Level: 45 Points: 5,134, Level: 45 Points: 5,134, Level: 45
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%

Hope they do! My only problem with my '07 is the dash pad/radio bezel. I'm on my 3rd one! Warped around radio.-43
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 06:10 PM
Points: 2,940, Level: 33 Points: 2,940, Level: 33 Points: 2,940, Level: 33
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%

DC is discontinuing the XK – 09 will be the last production year… so it is doubtful that they will redesign the interior of the XK. Plans have already left the drawing board by now

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Points: 1,978, Level: 26 Points: 1,978, Level: 26 Points: 1,978, Level: 26
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiCommander
DC is discontinuing the XK – 09 will be the last production year… so it is doubtful that they will redesign the interior of the XK. Plans have already left the drawing board by now
I still have not seen anything definite on that. I've been told engineers at Camp Jeep were saying that, but I still haven't seen a press release from Chrysler on it. As far as I'm concerned, that's only a rumor. I've also heard something about Chrysler splitting out the lineups of the different brands. Chrysler being all cars, Jeep all SUVs, and Dodge only trucks. If they were to do that, then something would have to take up for the Durango's size...I see the XK getting bigger.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiCommander
this has been discussed over and over many times.
No one has confirmed this and I believe the last model year of both the Grand Cherokee and Commander will be 2010. An all new larger model will debut in 2011.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 12:11 AM
Points: 640, Level: 12 Points: 640, Level: 12 Points: 640, Level: 12
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%

Exactly what improvements would you like to see in the interior?

As far as I'm concerned, the Commander's interior is one of the nicest in its category.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 07:48 AM
Points: 5,134, Level: 45 Points: 5,134, Level: 45 Points: 5,134, Level: 45
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%

I like the layout of the interior, its the quality of the plastic parts that needs improvement.-43
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 08:58 AM
Points: 34,360, Level: 100 Points: 34,360, Level: 100 Points: 34,360, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Garage
Send a message via MSN to cico7 Send a message via Skype™ to cico7
Ya can't fix or change it all at once.
Look how the interior is more closed in. quieter with more insulation and closing of the underside of the dash. Compare the build quility of the GC to the Commander and you will see the improvements in quality alone. When I say that, I refer back to the GC of a couple years back. But the point is, everything changes over time and the quality still improves.

This forum has debated the demise of the Commander since I got on board and it started long before that. So nothing is new..until you see a release on it, rumors are rumors.....

What happended to Dr Z anyway? His TV show go back to Deutchland?

With the new owners of Chrysler being an invest firm, they didnt buy it to lose money...they will go where the money. If the Commander isn't hitting the mark, of course it will go away. And we will be the lucky few who have enjoyed the sporty box with the great ride and roomy interior and everyone else will wish they had.

Now go to http://www.jeepjamboreeusa.com and vote for Tom Trotter pic
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Points: 3,655, Level: 38 Points: 3,655, Level: 38 Points: 3,655, Level: 38
Level up: 4% Level up: 4% Level up: 4%

I think the current interiors on the xk are nice. I get alot of compliments. I think it's close to what a Jeep/Luxury model should look like but of course it can always be improved.

I think in general interior styling and functionality in the car business is going to really improve in the next couple of years. That and of course improving the gas mileage situtation, will be the big competive advantages.

My question on this is why can't the USA limited and overland xks have the same interior as the europeon models? We were passing around pics of the limited or overland from across the ocean and it included the chrome ac rings and had leather upper door panels standard. I think it had a couple of other nice features. It was the next step up and was nice. Why isn't that standard on the limited and overland overhere?

If it's already being made why do we have to go aftermarket for it or depend on Shinyhemi selling it to us? :-)

Last edited by JeepRig; 01-18-2008 at 10:33 AM.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

I understand the Overland and Limited models have a nicer interior than the sport model which I have. That is the main reason I will be trading up. I guess I meant to say I like the design of the interior; it's the quality and feel of the plastics. I think with the 08 models they are close but I was hoping they would give the upper dash soft touch material with better texture than that hard plastic. I like the dash on the new Ram with the leather look and colored stitching. I think higher contrast two tone colors looks nicer also. The Khaki interiors need to be warmer browns and not so grey looking. The chrome trim rings around the ac vents are a great touch. The leather on the doors would be nice. I see on 08 Limited the center arm rest are leather which is good.
I suppose the main issue in summary is the colors combinations, dash pad, door panels and a little more use of bright work on the dash.
Give me that and I will be happy as a clam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in