Jeep Commander Forum banner

All Jeeps except XK/WK on CNN Worst Cars

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  aeo1534 
#1 ·
http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2008/autos/0802/gallery.2008_cr_worst_cars/9.html

The Wrangler, Patriot, and Liberty made the Consumer Reports 11 worst car list (How the Wrangler made it and not the Compass I don't know).

It was a pretty bad report in the aspect of explanations, but they seemed to be SUV bashing in the article. Nice to See the H3 and FJ made it though. I hate to see so many Jeeps on it though (I love the Unlimited too).

Best line in the article
A spokeswoman for Chrysler pointed out that the Jeep and Dodge vehicles in this list were fundamentally engineered for heavy-duty off-road use and the Jeeps, in particular, have been rated highly by other publications.

#6 ·
Its funny that the wrangler made the 11 worst car consumer report. They go off of things like ride comfort and stuff like that. Who cares what the ride comfort is in an offroad vehicle. I dont care how comfortable i am when im mudding or rock crawling!

#8 ·
They rate cars based on politics not on how it suits what it was designed for. Lets not forget their anti-Americanism either. I never watch CNN and I am certain that I have not missed anything except liberalism and bias. I don't miss either one of those.

#10 ·
4.7commander said:
C N N stands for:

COMMUNIST NEWS NETWORK

CLINTON NEWS NETWORK,

WATCH FOX NEWS AND GET SOME BETTER NEWS.

They are all biased, and FOX is no exception. The list was Consumer Reports', if read that correctly and not CNN's. Of course CNN is complicit in defaming Jeep, so I'm certainly not being their apologist.

#13 ·
Dont know much at all about the FJ, but I have seen its quite capable.
I was gonna trade in for a newer commander till i saw the trade in value after my truck is two years old. it was a 32,000 msrp and now the trade in is like 13,500.

ouch, Ill keep what i have and add a back up camera, and auto start and skip the touch screen that the kid would poke to death anyway :)

#14 ·
Wow, I encourage you guys to actually read what they wrote about, you would be amazed. They bash SUV's for ride quality and handling while, amazingly enough, the Infiniti G35 handles beautifully. What kind of CRAP is this article?? By the way, FOX news does rule.

#15 ·
blinkgold311 said:
Wow, I encourage you guys to actually read what they wrote about, you would be amazed. They bash SUV's for ride quality and handling while, amazingly enough, the Infiniti G35 handles beautifully. What kind of CRAP is this article?? By the way, FOX news does rule.
Fox news is VERY BIAS! The back Bush up Every time!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.