Couple Questions from a soon to be Commander owner. - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Couple Questions from a soon to be Commander owner.

Hey everyone, I just had a couple quick questions for all you seasoned commander owners.
I had an 07 fj cruiser and was unfortunately involved in a head on collision that totaled it, so I have my eyes set on a commander for my next vehicle.
My question for all of you is, where can I find aftermarket parts for them? I want to get at least a 4" lift, front and rear bumpers, roof rack, and rear tire carrier, but I can't find hardly any of these things online. Especially lifts bigger than 2.5" I know a few companies stopped making lifts for them, and I think that's why I'm having difficulties finding them.
My fj had the icon stage 6 with uniball UCAs, coil overs and bump stops, is there any companies out there that make stuff similar for the commander? Mainly the UCAS. I attached a picture of my fj, that's kind of the same way I'm wanting to set up the commander once I get one.
Any information will be greatly appreciated, and I'm in southern California if that helps.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

My fj, before the accident.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2015-01-28 16_1422492995819.55.44.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	347.6 KB
ID:	13330  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 07:58 PM
Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68 Points: 10,821, Level: 68
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

This should get you started.

http://jeepinbyal.com/
http://thesteelarmadillo.com/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Stop by and like the page

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! ? I'll look through those.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-28-2015, 08:27 PM
Points: 8,101, Level: 60 Points: 8,101, Level: 60 Points: 8,101, Level: 60
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%

King and Icon make coilovers ( http://www.crawl-offroad.com/#!wk-coilovers/c1dyn ) and are much better priced than the JBA coilovers. I don't know why Fox doesn't sell their coilovers directly for a competitive price...

This is another Jeep owner started business. Has good prices for coilovers and shocks (I'd probably get the JBA UCA's over his uniballs though)
http://cb-engineer.com/t/categories/suspension

Last edited by Matt_; 01-28-2015 at 08:31 PM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Matt! I noticed the Jba uppers for the commander aren't uniball. Or does he actually make uniball ones that I'm just missing?
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 05:45 PM

The link to cb-engineer site has UCA's that are uniball for $700, the JBA's are not uniball and are $250 cheaper. JBA recently did an extensive redesign on their arms to optimize spring clearance and alignment specs and are probably the best UCA's you can buy for the XK.

I'm not saying the uniball arms aren't good quality as well, I just don't know anyone running them so they'd be a $700 gamble. Whereas the JBA redesign was done very publicly on Jeepforum; multiple sets were manufactured at varying lengths and installed to check for fit.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Alright awesome! Thank you matt, I really appreciate it. As far as bumpers go, do you know of any companies that have pre made ones available? Or are mostly all xk bumpers custom?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 07:06 PM

Tactical Armor Group (TAG) makes the only rear bumper "currently" available. That's in quotes because The Steel Armadillo (TSA) is working on a new bumper for my rig; there were a few manufacturing issues when they made my current bumper. I'll be following up with the owner next week to see what the status/schedule looks like. If you're not in a hurry, I'd wait to see how TSA's Gen-II bumper comes out (hopefully soon).

TAG and TSA both make front bumpers as well. Both are built to order.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-29-2015, 09:15 PM
Points: 1,028, Level: 17 Points: 1,028, Level: 17 Points: 1,028, Level: 17
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%

Are there any pics out there of the TSA front bumper painted or coated? How about customized with lights, bars, winches etc? I've seen the plain one with no finish on the site but that's it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in