This one has me stumped. Perhaps someone has seen it before.
2007 XK Limited with a Hemi.
Backed out of my 100 ft driveway this morning onto the street. Shifted into drive and accelerated slowly . When I got to about 30 mph (400 feet), The vehicle stopped very abruptly and came to a dead stop as if the brakes were applied sharply. Hard enough to cause me to lurch forward into the steering wheel but no wheel chirping or sound/feel of the ABS. Luckily there was no one behind me. I shifted into park and then into drive and pulled over to the side. The car moved freely. Here are the things I remember and tried.
1) Engine did not stall.
2) Dash lights remained normal.
3) Tire pressure was normal.
4) Carpet normal around brake pedal.
5) Left foot was away from brake pedal
6) No abnormal sounds.
7) Hand brake not engaged because the shoes were removed last year.
8) Key jingle produced no DTC codes.
I continued on my way and put on 50 city miles without incident.
I feel like this is a time-bomb. (are you allowed to say that on the internet?)
This is scarey.
Anybody have any Idea what the problem might be ?