When you detail, do you detail the roof? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

View Poll Results: When you Detail, do you detail the roof?
Of course, it would be cheating not to. 19 79.17%
Of course not, no-one can see it. 5 20.83%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Points: 5,487, Level: 47 Points: 5,487, Level: 47 Points: 5,487, Level: 47
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

When you detail, do you detail the roof?

Spent the weekend doing the Fathers Day Detail on the Jeep. Wash, Clay Bar, Polish, Wax. Got to wondering, when people do detail, do they pay as much attention to the roof as the rest of the vehicle? I do.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 09:55 PM
Points: 12,498, Level: 73 Points: 12,498, Level: 73 Points: 12,498, Level: 73
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

Send a message via AIM to rwmorrisonjr Send a message via MSN to rwmorrisonjr Send a message via Yahoo to rwmorrisonjr
Yes, I pay more attention to it since it receives the most abuse from the elements.

2006 XK Sport, 4.7l, QTII- many mods
----------------------------------------------------
'An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."- Robert A. Heinlein

"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."- George Orwell

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 10:33 PM
Points: 4,209, Level: 41 Points: 4,209, Level: 41 Points: 4,209, Level: 41
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmorrisonjr
Yes, I pay more attention to it since it receives the most abuse from the elements.
yeah....what he said

5th Jeep

1991 YJ
1995 XJ Sport
1997 ZJ
2001 WJ
2006 XK 26 "U" pkg Dark Khaki!!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 10:39 PM
Points: 5,134, Level: 45 Points: 5,134, Level: 45 Points: 5,134, Level: 45
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%

absolutely the roof, door jambs too!-43

2007 Commander Sport, Lt Graystone Pearlcoat
1999 Ford Crown Vic Interceptor,black
1999 Buick Regal LS
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 10:57 PM Thread Starter
Points: 5,487, Level: 47 Points: 5,487, Level: 47 Points: 5,487, Level: 47
Level up: 69% Level up: 69% Level up: 69%

Yeah, I always wipe off the door jambs, inner door, and tailgate at each wash after I've dried off the vehicle. It's amazing how many people never clean those areas on a vehicle. Takes so little time to give it that finishing touch and add years to the life of your ride.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 04:59 AM
Points: 11,973, Level: 71 Points: 11,973, Level: 71 Points: 11,973, Level: 71
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alagTauby
I'm 18 and I've had both of my wrists and neck tattooed. I chose to have small ones on my wrists and my neck is easily covered with long sleeves and a shirt collar if I need it to be. One of my friends, however, has two really big pieces on each side of his neck and a really big piece on his hand. He hardly has any coverage at all and I didn't see the logic behind it at all, all I see is him wanting people to notice it. I'm an artist and I see it all as art whereas most people now my age see them as fashion accessories, something that won't mean anything to them in later life and they'll probably regret but for now it's cool and will make them popular. I've never rushed into one that I have got but some people I've met just pull designs of the internet and go to a tattoist the next day and get it done without any thought.
In the past three months I've designed three tattoos for myself, with plans for a fourth but I haven't rushed into it because I'm thinking about where I should get it, who will do it and will I like it in the future? I scrapped one idea because I felt differently about it after two weeks, I'd just hate to imagine what an idiot I would have felt if I'd rushed into that!
xo
Wrong thread!

As for me, I haven't "detailed" mine just yet. Just given it a few baths. With my roof rack on, I can't really get to the roof to wash it, so I just give it a good blast with the "power" setting of the nozzle. But I've had the rack off for about a month or so now, and I've given it a bath since and scrubbed the top real good. I agree with everyone else though. It gets the most abuse from the elements, so it really is a good idea to take your most care with it.

FORMER Commander Owner, hangin' out for the shenanigans

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

for pics and information
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 12:13 PM
Points: 3,937, Level: 39 Points: 3,937, Level: 39 Points: 3,937, Level: 39
Level up: 92% Level up: 92% Level up: 92%

Not to mention the water spots on the sunroofs looks bad from inside!

2007 Jeep Commander, khaki leather, command view, park sensors, Quadra-Drive II, tow-package, Light Graystone Pearl.

Mods: HIDs, Magnaflow with chrome tip, DVD, Magellan 4040 with bluetooth handsfree phone, window visors, 15% tint all around, Limited badge, Limited chrome door trim, rear handles and tailgate trim, chrome door sill plates, chrome fuel door, chrome fascia, summer rubber on chrome rims, winter rubber on aluminum rims, body-moulded splash guards, chrome rear step bar.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Points: 19,553, Level: 88 Points: 19,553, Level: 88 Points: 19,553, Level: 88
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

Yes, you have to do roof and engine.

2006 Commander limited all options
2006 Nissian Nismo
2009 Lexus SC430

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in