Jeep Commander Forum banner

Rear diff 12 bolt cover interest sought....

9K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Beemer9 
#1 ·
I know that threads have dealt with this before, but I thought it would be good to start a new one on this as an update.

I have been corresponding with Doug at LPW racing about a possible rear diff cover for our 8.25 12-bolt axle (C213RE). They do not currently manufacture this application, but he is curious about demand so I thought I would ask here.

I know it is difficult to gauge from a marketing perspective based on responses here, but it sure would be nice to have one of these:

https://www.lpwracing.com/Ultimate_Chrysler/Ultimate_Chrysler.html

What do you guys think?

#10 ·
#11 ·
Not sure what Creek was referring to, I really don't know how common the pattern for the Chrysler Corporate Axle 12 bolt really is.

What I ws referring to was, as far as I know the only xks the have a 12 bolt cover are the QDII not other Jeep models

#13 ·
What I ws referring to was, as far as I know the only xks the have a 12 bolt cover are the QDII not other Jeep models
Ahhh, that makes sense, I wasn't sure if you were saying there are more axles that have the exact same pattern, which I guess is very unlikely.

I would be shocked if the WK (Grand Cherokee) does NOT have the exact same axles and the same covers will work. The XK/WK use the same drivetrain, I've been told by a former Jeep Engineer they are the same platform that XK and WK really are more body codes.

#14 ·
I've contacted Doug again at LPW racing with information gleaned from the responses to this thread. I will update when I hear back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.