Attitude Ajustment, Commander,G Cherokee - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
Points: 11,816, Level: 71 Points: 11,816, Level: 71 Points: 11,816, Level: 71
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Attitude Ajustment, Commander,G Cherokee

Hi all,
Let me apolgize for my poor typing in advance. I'm still a one finger typist.
That being said, I need to ask a question.

How many of us have only performed a minor front end lift to reduce the nose down attitude of our vehicles?

I ask this only because I am of the belief that a large number of owners purchassed these vehicles more for inclimate weather safety or for the need of a capable towing platform or family hauler.

I have seen a couple of references to just this modification when I read some of the old posts.

Does anyone remember what was done?

OK, where am I going with this.

Well, I produced a 1/2 inch lift, lazer cut to duplicate the upper shock mount from T-304 stainless steel.

Darn things came out so nice I'm trying to figure out if they would be marketable.

So, now I need your $.02

Thanks in advance,
Rob

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-14-2008, 09:25 PM
Points: 6,403, Level: 52 Points: 6,403, Level: 52 Points: 6,403, Level: 52
Level up: 27% Level up: 27% Level up: 27%

Send a message via AIM to Command This.
It might be marketable... Someone was looking for something like that awhile ago - There is a lot of talk about leveling.

I think most people have just gone with a 2" lift to make the XK look a little higher like it should.

Jon
3.7L 65th Anniversary Edition

K&N Aircharger
AVIC-D3 (hacked),Sirius,6 Disc Changer
Remote Start
Teraflex 2" Lift Kit
1.5" Spidertrax Spacers
265/70-17 Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo 2
Chrome Bull Bar, Jeep Sport Load Bars w/Kayak mounts, Rear Grab Handles
Hella FF200 Driving Lights w/foot switch
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 09:10 AM
Points: 37,701, Level: 100 Points: 37,701, Level: 100 Points: 37,701, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 150000
Well Done,

Do you have pics of the Commander with that lift/leveling kit?

Did you confirm that the Commander is leveled by measurment rather than a look?

Do you have pics of the kit you made?

Thanks, and I'm really interesting about this idea.

Second Jeep Commander, Current
2007 XH (International model), Green Metallic, Ltd, 5.7L HEMI, Quadra-Drive II
Spidertax 1.5" wheel spacer, K&N replacement filter
OME 2" Lift kit

First Jeep Commander,
2007 XH (International model), Light Graystone Pearl, Sport , 4.7L Quadra-Trac II.

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 09:32 AM
Points: 8,394, Level: 61 Points: 8,394, Level: 61 Points: 8,394, Level: 61
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%

Send a message via AIM to bsnyder717
i would like to know if it would be possible to install this with the spacer kit? to lift it a little more and a rough estimate on price? thank you

2006 Blue Jeep Commander 3.7L, gray leather interior, loaded, 6.5 in pioneer touch screen, 2 12" rockford fosgate T1 subs in a ported box, pheonix titanium 1000X2 watt amp.2" skyjacker lift kit, BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM 255/75/R17's. 1.5inch wheel spacers

custom cai with custome heatshield

future mods- custom exhaust, custom snorkle ASAP
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

Yes that would work with the spacer kit.

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Points: 8,394, Level: 61 Points: 8,394, Level: 61 Points: 8,394, Level: 61
Level up: 82% Level up: 82% Level up: 82%

Send a message via AIM to bsnyder717
well in that case make a kit for the rear to for an extra 1inch or 1/2 inch all the way around i would def buy it. let me know

2006 Blue Jeep Commander 3.7L, gray leather interior, loaded, 6.5 in pioneer touch screen, 2 12" rockford fosgate T1 subs in a ported box, pheonix titanium 1000X2 watt amp.2" skyjacker lift kit, BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM 255/75/R17's. 1.5inch wheel spacers

custom cai with custome heatshield

future mods- custom exhaust, custom snorkle ASAP
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 05:12 PM
Points: 979, Level: 16 Points: 979, Level: 16 Points: 979, Level: 16
Level up: 79% Level up: 79% Level up: 79%

I mean no disrespect, but, I don't get it...

Why do I read so much about this leveling? Please educate me as to why I should not like this rake. What adverse effect does it have to the truck?

2006 Commander Limited 5.7L Hemi, QDII, 2" Rough Country Lift, 1/4" Rusty's spacer, 255/75R17 BFG Mud Terrains.

post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-15-2008, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
Points: 11,816, Level: 71 Points: 11,816, Level: 71 Points: 11,816, Level: 71
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%

Well,
This is interesting.
OK, first ill try to answer questions,last first.

OGRI- I have spoken to many owners and observed myself that the front end of these vehicles is about 1" lower than the rear as seen from the side. This makes it appear as though the front springs are sacked out [sagging]. This can also be seen when one of these vehicles is coming towards you.
It has no adverse effect beyond how you like your vehicle to look to you.

BSNYDER717,
I must apologize for being vague.

The purpose of what I've done is to bring up the front end 1/2 " I.e. Attitude adjustment.

I have not established a price yet.

AHMED,
I have pictures of the spacers before and once installed. The measurement was taken before install and after. I also have photos of the vehicle after install.

Problem: That poor typing and computer illiteracy problem I have. I can e-mail photos to your address if I have it. Otherwise, someone is going to have to P.M. me with real simple to to understand directions. I am sending shots from a floppy. I still use an old Sony Mavica. So if you want pics AHMED, I'll need you to P.M. your address.

Hope that helps and thanks for responding.
I will need to hear from more of you about this.

Rob

|
|
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 06:48 AM
Points: 11,210, Level: 69 Points: 11,210, Level: 69 Points: 11,210, Level: 69
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

The link below will help you with posting pics Robby.

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...read.php?t=608

2006 Silver Jeep Commander Limited 4X4 - 5.7L Hemi, Quadra Drive II, Navigation System, Chrome Fuel Door, Sunroof, Rusty's 2" Lift Kit, Moto Metal M0950 Rims, Goodyear Silent Armor 255/70/17, Front Skid Plate, 4XGuard Belly Skid Plate, RR Supersliders, Chrome Front Tow Hooks, AEM Brute Force Intake, and WeatherTech Floorliners. See Pics
Semper Fi
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-16-2008, 09:06 AM
Points: 37,701, Level: 100 Points: 37,701, Level: 100 Points: 37,701, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2007
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 150000
Here are the pics received from Robby and his explanation about it:

Quote:
  • The stainless steel plates are 1/4 inch thick. I'll explain in a moment.
  • The black plate with the studs is the original upper mount which was required for sizing/dimensions to make the spacers.
  • The slot in the spacer is for installation ease. It allows the plate to be slid over the studs without removing the shock to get clearance, otherwise the shock stud is in the way.
  • I chose T-304 stainless as opposed to aluminum so there would be no possibility of a galvanic reaction. This is of great importance in Northern America as salt is spread on the roads during our winters to melt snow and ice. Ferris and non-ferris metals in the presence of salt water makes a great battery and corrodes the metals that are in contact with one another.
  • The photos are after install. They may be helpful, but to help you get an idea what it would look like,do the following. Start by measuring and recording the distance from the ground to the bottom of the wheel well flare, centering your measuring tape at wheel hub center. Remove the lower frame cover to expose the front crossmember. Raise the vehicle at the crossmember 1/2 inch measured at the wheelwell at your original measuring point. Now step back and look at it from all angles. If you like the look then these may be what your looking for.
  • My motivation was to make something that would not distress the suspension system parts nor cause any accelerated wear. Also, anyone with reasonable ability and tools should be able to install these in less than 2 hours.
  • The 1/4 inch plate becomes 1/2 inch at the spindle because the strut is attached midway of the lower control arm. Therefore 1/4 becomes 1/2.

The Commander with the spacer

Another pic

The spacers

The spacer in place.

Second Jeep Commander, Current
2007 XH (International model), Green Metallic, Ltd, 5.7L HEMI, Quadra-Drive II
Spidertax 1.5" wheel spacer, K&N replacement filter
OME 2" Lift kit

First Jeep Commander,
2007 XH (International model), Light Graystone Pearl, Sport , 4.7L Quadra-Trac II.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in