Again, the 3rd row seats belts! - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Unhappy Again, the 3rd row seats belts!

As I have read everywhere on the net about the Commanders 3rd row seating. Mine is not having the same issue that keeps coming up from everyone. My issue and question: The latch on both sides of the 3rd row keeps tearing up the side of the actual seat, when folded down and pulling the seat back up! I had messed around with it a bit, looking at the latch to see exactly what it does when the seat is folded down and it seems to me something is not working right and maybe the latch doesn't go all the way down like it should (when, of course, the seat is folded flat). Am I missing something here or what....It is so bad that when I fold the seat down, the seat catches the plastic part of the latch and makes it slide down with the seat. I am sorry if this is confusing. If you understand what I am talking about, please let me know if you have the same problem. If you don't understand is there a way on here to upload a short video.? I bought the Jeep not knowing one of the latches was, well, completely missing and the other latch was missing the plastic covering. When we found this out, well we went and had them both fixed, yesterday. I went to look and, hence why I am here asking these questions. They are brand new latches so I am pretty upset with this. Thank you to the ones who read all this and any input would be grateful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-08-2016, 03:55 PM
Points: 16,359, Level: 82 Points: 16,359, Level: 82 Points: 16,359, Level: 82
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 165,000
As I fold down the 3rd row seat, the latch folds all the way in. 06 limited I am talking about the latch on the seat. If there is something else you would like me to check, let me know.

Last edited by Creek; 04-08-2016 at 03:57 PM. Reason: incomplete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in