New to the Board. 2006 3.7L. A few questions.
Thanks to all who posted on the board, I have read many posts and am learning about my vehicle. I have a 2006 Commander with the 65th Anniv. Edition, 3.7L.
I few questions I hope you can help me with . . .
1. I've noticed a trans shift around 35 mph - when holding steady throttle - that feels like a bump into the next gear. Nothing bad happens, it just that I feel it. I am still under the warranty from where I purchased it (used, off lease/fleet use, low miles) and the Jeep 3/36. Is that a normal characteristic or something I should have reviewed with the selling dealer (Carmax) or my Jeep dealer.
2. My back-up warning detectors don't seem to work very well. I see the lights on the LED readout on the ceiling going on, but I get no audio until I am at RED on the LED. That's about 2 feet from the object. I assume this is not correct operation. Anyone have a similar problem? I have cleaned the sensors with a soft cloth and they seem fine.
3. I can't access the link for the TSBs, but would really like to read them for reference. Does anyone have them to email or can someone repost them?
4. Looking underneath the Jeep, I noticed rust on the axle and on the frame (mostly at the weld joints). It's less than 2 years old and maybe not an issue, but is the normal? I guess my Suburban at 10 years old was probably pretty rusty colored, but just don't recall.
5. The ambient lights on the switches located on the Driver's door look OK at night, but one of them has no light....the Window Lock button. Is that normal? It seemed odd to me that the other buttons had light, but not that one.
Lastly, I couldn't decide whether to purchase an Extended Warranty at the time of sale, but the offer was only open during the sale. I have 90 days to cancel it so, I figured I would buy it decide later. It cost $1400 for 5 years from date of purchase or 100,000 miles; whichever comes first. It's a Maxcare warranty sold by Carmax which supposedly covers quite a bit, but not everything. Is such a warranty a good buy or am I better off taking my chances??
Thanks to all who reply.