p0133, p0153 - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1 Points: 6, Level: 1
Level up: 11% Level up: 11% Level up: 11%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

p0133, p0153

Hey guys,

Both these popped up at the same time. One is current, one is pending, whatever that means. Seems like if it was the actual sensors they would happen simultaneously.

Any help?

2008 Commander Limited 5.7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 01:00 AM
Points: 1,555, Level: 22 Points: 1,555, Level: 22 Points: 1,555, Level: 22
Level up: 55% Level up: 55% Level up: 55%

If i am not mistaken, those are O2 sensor errors for low voltage or something to that affect, but not the no signal codes. And this usually means that either your O2 sensors are going bad or you air to fuel mixture is out of wack.

My old car (completely different vehicle than a jeep) had a lot of miles and I got low voltage codes for the O2 sensors on both banks 3 times. The first time was because they were covered in carbon (200k miles on them, and only threw the code after a lot of highway driving). The second time was caused by the distributor coil going bad, and the 3rd was caused by bad fuel injector wires. (The last 2 causes had significant effects on engine performance)

When I diagnosed the O2 sensor problems with my car I started with the making sure the O2 sensors were clean. Also checked for vacuum or exhaust leaks. Then I checked ignition (spark plugs, coils, check if strong spark), then fuel delivery (clean injectors, check injector resistance when hot and cold, check fuel pressure). From my experience there are usually engine problems (like misfire or engine ping) when there is an ignition or fuel delivery issue.

There are lots of things that can cause the O2 codes you are seeing. The most common one in my experience is just the sensor getting old and dirty.

I haven't had many issues with my jeep yet so I don't know all the gritty details specific to it. But hopefully this helps.

Good luck.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 11:07 PM
Points: 5,042, Level: 45 Points: 5,042, Level: 45 Points: 5,042, Level: 45
Level up: 46% Level up: 46% Level up: 46%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Overland
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 150000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuba_Steve View Post
Hey guys,

Both these popped up at the same time. One is current, one is pending, whatever that means. Seems like if it was the actual sensors they would happen simultaneously.

Any help?

2008 Commander Limited 5.7
How many miles on your Jeep?

A code P0133 may mean that one or more of the following has happened: The oxygen sensor is faulty - The wiring to the sensor is broken / frayed - There is an exhaust leak.

Code P0135 could be the heater to th same O2 sensor. Check the wiring to the sensors.

08, Commander, Overland, 5.7L HEMI, QD-II, Stock.

Last edited by vjsimone; 06-21-2016 at 11:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in