Glad to join the Commander Forum! - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
Points: 190, Level: 3 Points: 190, Level: 3 Points: 190, Level: 3
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Glad to join the Commander Forum!

Hello to the Commander Forum. I picked up my Commander April 30th this year and sure am enjoying the new rig. I had been driving an 89' XJ for the last 7 years in high school and college and was glad to pick up a new Jeep. Soon after buying my Jeep I found this forum and began reading posts and ideas for modifications. I am excited to modify my Jeep. Of course top of the list is lifting and aggressive tires.

I did lots of work on my old Cherokee and it treated me well getting to almost 250,000. I don't have much experience with suspension work. Are there any recommendations for Jeep dealerships in Northern Colorado where I can get lifts installed? I want to maintain my lifetime power-train warranty and would prefer working with a dealership that warranties lifts. Any recommendations are appreciated? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 04:45 PM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
Welcome DarkRainzz, lots of great information and people here. Use the search to find most anything.

In "Off Topic" we also have a section for you to post a pic (after 3 posts) ans tell us about yourself.
https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4338

There is also a "what do you do?" thread.
https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...ght=occupation

And a hobby thread:
https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...ead.php?t=4338

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 XK, Steel Armadillo Front Bumper w/Warn Powermate winch, Rear Bumper w/tire carrier & Super Sliders, Rhino Rack Roof Rack and Foxwing Awning, KC Lights on Steel Armadillo Light Bar, 4xGuard Rear Differential Cover, Steel Armadillo Plates.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 04:56 PM
Points: 12,498, Level: 73 Points: 12,498, Level: 73 Points: 12,498, Level: 73
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

Send a message via AIM to rwmorrisonjr Send a message via MSN to rwmorrisonjr Send a message via Yahoo to rwmorrisonjr
Welcome. We CO folks are kind of scattered, but mostly down south. Post pics when you can.

2006 XK Sport, 4.7l, QTII- many mods
----------------------------------------------------
'An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."- Robert A. Heinlein

"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."- George Orwell

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 06:02 PM
Points: 3,133, Level: 34 Points: 3,133, Level: 34 Points: 3,133, Level: 34
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%

welcome!! I dont do lifts, but if ya got audio/visual or lighting questions, i can help..(hopefully)

post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Points: 34,360, Level: 100 Points: 34,360, Level: 100 Points: 34,360, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Garage
Send a message via MSN to cico7 Send a message via Skype™ to cico7
This is a picture hungry forum!! Post Your Pics!! If you dont have a pic, it doesnt exist!

And WELCOME!!

Benjamin Davis Pirtle
1990-2015
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 11:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the welcome to the forum. Seeing the pics on here has shown me what the XK is capable of being turned into. The info I have been reading is sure getting the wheels turning. I am considering the many various options I have to get my Commander lifted and off the of the weak stock tires. I am excited to pull the trigger to get into some aggressive bigger tires. I will try to get some pictures posted up tomorrow.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

Ok great I found one picture on the laptop. The rig and my fiancee when we were out climbing this summer in CO. I will try to post some more tomorrow. I need to get a picture of my 89 Cherokee and the new Jeep together.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Points: 12,498, Level: 73 Points: 12,498, Level: 73 Points: 12,498, Level: 73
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

Send a message via AIM to rwmorrisonjr Send a message via MSN to rwmorrisonjr Send a message via Yahoo to rwmorrisonjr
You have the third row delete option! You're a god!

I really hate to ask this since you're new to the forum and all, but is there anyway you can look on the tray and jack compartment covers for the part numbers? There are some here (me included) that would really like to get those parts and remove our rear seats. If you want help looking for them or removing the tray, please let us know.

Now all we need to do is have a CO XK get-together & trail run, maybe a fall colors run on any day other than Sept. 20th (Navy Reserve day for me).

2006 XK Sport, 4.7l, QTII- many mods
----------------------------------------------------
'An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."- Robert A. Heinlein

"Men sleep peacefully in their beds at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."- George Orwell

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 11:19 AM
Points: 11,210, Level: 69 Points: 11,210, Level: 69 Points: 11,210, Level: 69
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

Welcome to the forum!!!

2006 Silver Jeep Commander Limited 4X4 - 5.7L Hemi, Quadra Drive II, Navigation System, Chrome Fuel Door, Sunroof, Rusty's 2" Lift Kit, Moto Metal M0950 Rims, Goodyear Silent Armor 255/70/17, Front Skid Plate, 4XGuard Belly Skid Plate, RR Supersliders, Chrome Front Tow Hooks, AEM Brute Force Intake, and WeatherTech Floorliners. See Pics
Semper Fi
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 10:22 PM Thread Starter

Yep I went with the 5 passenger Sport with the new 2008 4.7L. I really wasn't ready for a 7 passenger type of vehicle. Unfortunately 5 passenger bone sport doesn't combine with the HEMI or sun roof options but that is ok. I might be able to look at the part number on those parts... yep you gotta love Colorado during the fall...Gold Rush!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in