plunge & engine location - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 08:52 AM Thread Starter
Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1 Points: 32, Level: 1
Level up: 64% Level up: 64% Level up: 64%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

plunge & engine location

finally took the plunge to buy 07 4.7 v8 limited... now, as required here, i had to get the engine number and chasis/vin in a paper to register. any experience getting/spotting the location. have to see the body/engine stamped numbers! tia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 10:28 AM
Points: 16,359, Level: 82 Points: 16,359, Level: 82 Points: 16,359, Level: 82
Level up: 2% Level up: 2% Level up: 2%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 165,000
vin is on the bottom of the windshield trim on the driver's side read it from the outside, it should also be on your registration/owner card and your insurance card. Not sure about engine look at plate on post between front and rear doors on the drivers side, might be there. Welcome to the forum.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2017, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 24,692, Level: 95 Points: 24,692, Level: 95 Points: 24,692, Level: 95
Level up: 35% Level up: 35% Level up: 35%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabuhay View Post
finally took the plunge to buy 07 4.7 v8 limited... now, as required here, i had to get the engine number and chasis/vin in a paper to register. any experience getting/spotting the location. have to see the body/engine stamped numbers! tia
If I'm understanding your post correctly, as far as I know, you only need your VIN Number as Creek said, (bottom of the front windshield - where the windshield meets the dashboard, on the driver's side, as you are looking at it from outside the vehicle) and proof of insurance.

I've never heard of any requirement to provide an engine number, I have heard the questions - how many cylinders does the engine have and what type of fuel does it run on - but that should be it as far as providing required engine information.

What state/country are you in?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Big Blue; 05-09-2017 at 02:38 AM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 07:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
Quote:
If I'm understanding your post correctly, as far as I know, you only need your VIN Number as Creek said, (bottom of the front windshield - where the windshield meets the dashboard, on the driver's side, as you are looking at it from outside the vehicle) and proof of insurance.

I've never heard of any requirement to provide an engine number, I have heard the questions - how many cylinders does the engine have and what type of fuel does it run on - but that should be it as far as providing required engine information.

What state/country are you in?
hi bigblue...here in seasia, these numbers are required. it need to be embossed numbers in official paper before you are allowed transfer to your name. thus the need to locate. thanks
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 07:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
vin is on the bottom of the windshield trim on the driver's side read it from the outside, it should also be on your registration/owner card and your insurance card. Not sure about engine look at plate on post between front and rear doors on the drivers side, might be there. Welcome to the forum.
thanks creek!
but need the embossed type numbers.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-09-2017, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 24,692, Level: 95 Points: 24,692, Level: 95 Points: 24,692, Level: 95
Level up: 35% Level up: 35% Level up: 35%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:
hi bigblue...here in seasia, these numbers are required. it need to be embossed numbers in official paper before you are allowed transfer to your name. thus the need to locate. thanks
That's funny, I'm in Singapore right now.

The engine I.D. number is located on the forward right hand side of the cylinder block just forward and slightly to the right of cylinder # 2.

I believe if you are standing in front of your vehicle looking at the engine, cylinder # 2 would be the closest cylinder to you on the left hand side of the block - the engine I.D. number should be on the cylinder block, just in front of that cylinder and slightly to the left as you are looking at it from the front of your vehicle.

This isn't the best quality picture, but it should give you a good idea of where to look..

I hope this helps.

Last edited by Big Blue; 05-10-2017 at 04:37 AM.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

thanks Big Blue! been awhile to access this. anyways will check tomorrow and revert.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in