2006 Commander A/C Heater vents - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dubbs1977

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Points: 127, Level: 2 Points: 127, Level: 2 Points: 127, Level: 2
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
Current Mileage: 161000
2006 Commander A/C Heater vents

I have a 2006 Jeep Commander 4.7L. When I turn the knob to move the air flow from the floor to the dash to the defrost I hear it trying to move but it does not change positions. It Blows out the dash and floor but no defrost. Even on high it only blows a little air out. What could be causing this to happen?
Jerry'sXK likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 23,378, Level: 94 Points: 23,378, Level: 94 Points: 23,378, Level: 94
Level up: 3% Level up: 3% Level up: 3%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbs1977
I have a 2006 Jeep Commander 4.7L. When I turn the knob to move the air flow from the floor to the dash to the defrost I hear it trying to move but it does not change positions. It Blows out the dash and floor but no defrost. Even on high it only blows a little air out. What could be causing this to happen?
First off, please edit your user profile information and update the information about your Commander.

Click on your username and select the "View Public Profile" tab and click on "About Me" and you will see the questions you need to answer about your Commander.

That being said, this is probably one of 2 potential problems;

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...tays-open.html

OR

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...t-working.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Big Blue; 11-02-2017 at 12:12 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 01:46 PM
Points: 485, Level: 9 Points: 485, Level: 9 Points: 485, Level: 9
Level up: 70% Level up: 70% Level up: 70%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 128K
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbs1977 View Post
I am having the exact same problem and just discovered this last night because this is my first winter with this vehicle and first snow. Looked at some of the solutions that looked like you have to take apart 1/2 the dam car to get to the problem. I hear my actuator motor working but it doesn't change much and never to defrost. Blower work perfect and so does dual climate control. Let's keep each other posted but I can't take apart 1/2 my vehicle apart this time of year and my garage can't fit my Commander cause of hight. May try to take roof rack off and let air out of tires to try to pull it in but neck injury is also limiting. Hoping to find an easier fix.

Know just enough to screw up my rig good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in