My new ride - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Points: 7,833, Level: 59 Points: 7,833, Level: 59 Points: 7,833, Level: 59
Level up: 42% Level up: 42% Level up: 42%
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Sport
Power-Train: 3.7L V-6
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
Current Mileage: 125K
My new ride

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171006_144528.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	408.8 KB
ID:	28161

Whats up Guys!
Its been awhile since I posted here so I figured I'd stop by to say Hello and give a little update...
My son has his license now and was looking for a reliable car for the $4,500 he saved working the last two summers... Hes 16. I didnt want him taking anyone elses problems so I figured that since I've been digging on the 8sp Durangos, I'd sell him the XK and get the D D. He couldn't believe that I was actually willing to part with the XK knowing how much time and care went into it. But for him, anything! Hes helped with most of the mods and upgrades over the last 8 years and knows how well its been maintained. Hes the only Jr in highschool to be wheeling his own Commander. Of course 10 days into his ownership the battery died so I replaced it, along with the starter...(the advance tech said the starter solenoid was weak). This Jeep runs amazing and still drives great at 126k...Im sad that's its not my dd anymore but at least its still in the driveway and in the family. He washed and waxed that weekend. Even started his own mods, including removing the roof racks(saved in the shed til the heavy camping trips), took out the seat covers and steam cleaned the interior, upgraded to Kicker speakers. (Wish I would've done that one, sounds amazing) and programmed the Home link to open the garage door! I always had the door opener clipped on the visor and never even considered programming the system to work...
Im even thinking after I pay off the Durango, to give it to the wife and sell her car and search for a 2010 XK Hemi!... If im able to locate one clean enough then, this may happen.
This site has been and will continue to be the go to for anything XK related.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 3.7l Silver black and crome Sport W QT1
K&N cai. Aridium 1X plugs. 1.5" Spider Trax...
Tinted windows gone. Got ticketed for 137.50!! Full Synthetic motor oil and many more mods...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 05:18 PM
Points: 3,844, Level: 39 Points: 3,844, Level: 39 Points: 3,844, Level: 39
Level up: 30% Level up: 30% Level up: 30%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Model year: 2010
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 99,000
Garage
Cool Cool

What kind of ground clearence can you get with the Durango?

Swanny

Last edited by 2010 inferno; 11-21-2017 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Icon
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator
Points: 23,217, Level: 93 Points: 23,217, Level: 93 Points: 23,217, Level: 93
Level up: 87% Level up: 87% Level up: 87%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Model year: 2008
Power-Train: 4.7L V-8
4WD
If 4WD - system: QT-II
Current Mileage: 101,200
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhobll View Post
Attachment 28161

Whats up Guys!
Its been awhile since I posted here so I figured I'd stop by to say Hello and give a little update...
My son has his license now and was looking for a reliable car for the $4,500 he saved working the last two summers... Hes 16. I didnt want him taking anyone elses problems so I figured that since I've been digging on the 8sp Durangos, I'd sell him the XK and get the D D. He couldn't believe that I was actually willing to part with the XK knowing how much time and care went into it. But for him, anything! Hes helped with most of the mods and upgrades over the last 8 years and knows how well its been maintained. Hes the only Jr in highschool to be wheeling his own Commander. Of course 10 days into his ownership the battery died so I replaced it, along with the starter...(the advance tech said the starter solenoid was weak). This Jeep runs amazing and still drives great at 126k...Im sad that's its not my dd anymore but at least its still in the driveway and in the family. He washed and waxed that weekend. Even started his own mods, including removing the roof racks(saved in the shed til the heavy camping trips), took out the seat covers and steam cleaned the interior, upgraded to Kicker speakers. (Wish I would've done that one, sounds amazing) and programmed the Home link to open the garage door! I always had the door opener clipped on the visor and never even considered programming the system to work...
Im even thinking after I pay off the Durango, to give it to the wife and sell her car and search for a 2010 XK Hemi!... If im able to locate one clean enough then, this may happen.
This site has been and will continue to be the go to for anything XK related.
Congrats on the Durango rhobll;

You gonna take that thing off-road?

If not, at least if you get the itch, you can still take the XK out on a weekend camping trip with your son.
TwoBobsXK likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Big Blue; 11-22-2017 at 12:14 AM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

4WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 inferno View Post
What kind of ground clearence can you get with the Durango?

Swanny
Ground clearance states 8.1"... not too bad.

Tinted windows gone. Got ticketed for 137.50!! Full Synthetic motor oil and many more mods...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

4WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
Congrats on the Durango rhobll;

You gonna take that thing off-road?

If not, at least if you get the itch, you can still take the XK out on a weekend camping trip with your son.
Blue,
If you consider the gravel roads leading to the campgrounds and cabins, then yes, ill be off roading!
I generally do not 4-wheel but owning a Jeep since '92 have always loved having the capability to drive anywhere. I put the Wrangler and GC's through the grinder in the earlier years! Mud holes, quad trails, beaches and ocean surf, etc...
Never wanted to go there with the Commander. It rode so nice and quiet that I didn't want to do anything stupid to change that! And still does. Greatest Jeep ever

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

4WD
Garage
Quote:
Blue,
If you consider the gravel roads leading to the campgrounds and cabins, then yes, ill be off roading!
I generally do not 4-wheel but owning a Jeep since '92 have always loved having the capability to drive anywhere. I put the Wrangler and GC's through the grinder in the earlier years! Mud holes, quad trails, beaches and ocean surf, etc...
Never wanted to go there with the Commander. It rode so nice and quiet that I didn't want to do anything stupid to change that! And still does. Greatest Jeep ever
Yep, I hear you rhobll.

I do a lot of camping too when I'm home and that's about the extent of my off-roading too - but some of my camping trips have taken me into the mountains of Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky & North Carolina, so, I like being prepared for whatever might come my way.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 09:01 AM Thread Starter

4WD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue View Post
Yep, I hear you rhobll.

I do a lot of camping too when I'm home and that's about the extent of my off-roading too - but some of my camping trips have taken me into the mountains of Georgia, Alabama, Kentucky & North Carolina, so, I like being prepared for whatever might come my way.

Being prepared for whatever lies ahead is why I've always owned a Jeep. I will be back in one, eventually.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 02:44 AM
Super Moderator

4WD
Garage
Quote:
Being prepared for whatever lies ahead is why I've always owned a Jeep. I will be back in one, eventually.
Hopefully, when the time comes - it's another XK.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 10:26 AM
Points: 3,984, Level: 40 Points: 3,984, Level: 40 Points: 3,984, Level: 40
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

4WD
Current Mileage: 120,000
Garage
I WISH they’d bring we Commander back!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 03:05 AM
Super Moderator

4WD
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopina7807 View Post
I WISH they’d bring the Commander back!
I think there are quite a few of us that feel the same way, myself included.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in