Jeep Commander Forum banner

Rear door edged weather stripping

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Big Blue 
#1 · (Edited)
The other day I was cleaning my Jeep and I noticed I had a 14 inch piece of weather stripping on the passenger side rear door edge. The driver's side rear door was missing that piece. So I did a search and it looks like the part is called a door edge weather strip. Mopar offers this part and it's kinda expensive. I didnt want to pay alot of money for some pieces of weatherstripping to replace, plus my inner door rubber is in good shape. So I measured the width of stock piece that I had and looked on Amazon for a close match.

I found this product right here https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HR1NWX9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. They fit snug and it doesn't interfere with the doors opening and closing. The first set I bought was bigger and I had to slam the door hard to allow them to securely close.

If I didn't notice I had the driverside strip missing I probably wouldn't have thought twice about it. I dont hear any wind noise or anything like that but since Jeep placed the strip in that location I figured I may as well put it back.
Here are a couple of pics of what I'm talking about. I bought the 13ft length, it was cheaper than the 10ft. I used the left over to put on my daily driver doors.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The other day I was cleaning my Jeep and I noticed I had a 14 inch piece of weather stripping on the passenger side rear door edge. The driver's side rear door was missing that piece. So I did a search and it looks like the part is called a door edge weather strip. Mopar offers this part and it's kinda expensive..
@srad2drag; Would you be so kind as to define "kinda expensive"?

How much were they asking for it?

#3 ·
The prices I was seeing were between 65.00-73.00 depending on who you purchased it from. Also the diagrams online were not detailing the exact location of the weatherstrip and I wasn't going to throw the dice to see if it was the correct item once received.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.