HVAC Controls - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Level up: 21% Level up: 21% Level up: 21%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

HVAC Controls

Just bought a '06 Commander and I'm wondering about the HVAC Controls. The problem I'm having is when the fan is off, I can't adjust the temperature settings. So, if I have it on vent with the fan off and I turn the temp knob to a hotter or colder setting, it doesn't change until I turn the fan on. Then I can turn the fan back off and it will keep this temp setting.

Another problem I'm having is, the recirculate position doesn't stop outside air from coming in. The only way I can get it to stop blowing on me is to close each vent in the dash.

Any body else have these problems? I did several searches and didn't find anything.

This is the basic model without the automatic AC or dual zone system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 09:57 AM
Points: 19,553, Level: 88 Points: 19,553, Level: 88 Points: 19,553, Level: 88
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

These are not problems, you just do not know how to operate system. Fan has to be on or in auto position to regulate temp setting, recirculating is so you do not induce outside air into the cabin.

2006 Commander limited all options
2006 Nissian Nismo
2009 Lexus SC430

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 10:06 AM Thread Starter
Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1 Points: 11, Level: 1
Level up: 21% Level up: 21% Level up: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger6882 View Post
These are not problems, you just do not know how to operate system. Fan has to be on or in auto position to regulate temp setting, recirculating is so you do not induce outside air into the cabin.

I would love to learn how to operate the system, and that is what I am trying to do.

I understand what recirculating is, but as I said above it does not appear to be working because even with the fan off air still comes out of the vents, so it must be coming from outside.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-17-2009, 01:24 AM
Points: 2,441, Level: 29 Points: 2,441, Level: 29 Points: 2,441, Level: 29
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosp7 View Post
I would love to learn how to operate the system, and that is what I am trying to do.

I understand what recirculating is, but as I said above it does not appear to be working because even with the fan off air still comes out of the vents, so it must be coming from outside.
there will be air flow through the vents caused just by the vehicle moving, its called physics.

if its a full force air flow then there may be a problem , but just a draught through em is normal. evn my wifes "normal" car does this on recirc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in