Best price for an '09 Overland? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 01:44 AM Thread Starter
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Best price for an '09 Overland?

Hi All,

Been looking at the Commander for a while and am torn between purchasing a slightly used one and a new one (given all the incentives).

I live in Norther California (near Sacramento) which I think has some (maybe small) bearing on the incentives. As priced using Jeep's "Build My Own" page on their webpage the price is:

Base Price $46,110
My Selections $1,720
Destination Charge $780
MSRP as Configured $48,610

Purchase Offer
West BC Financial Bonus Cash *-$1,000
2009 West BC Customer Cash Allowance 71C95 -$2,500

Employee Price Discount ***** -$5,232
Net MSRP $39,878

I also know that Jeep has a 3% holdback based on MSRP.

New Commanders are difficult to find in this area, especially Limited's with QDII and Overlands. I found 2 Overland 4x4s within ~500miles that are of a color I'd buy (anything but black). So not lots to choose from.

What I'm wondering is what is a realistic price to shoot for with these dealerships? What experience have folks had with getting prices below the incentivized price? Are dealers willing to eat into holdback? Are the motivated to move inventory or have any incentive to from Chrysler? Is the destination charge negotiable?

Sorry if this has been asked before. I searched through and found some discussions on used Commander pricing but nothing related to pricing with these new incentives.

Thanks!
-Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Points: 11,210, Level: 69 Points: 11,210, Level: 69 Points: 11,210, Level: 69
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

Anything is negotiable especially during this economy. One tip that I can pass to you is that make sure that you want to keep this commander for a long time if you are buying new. As soon as you drive off that lot, it's value drops down really quick. You will not be able to get what you owe on it if you decide to trade it in a year or so later. Have you looked around for slightly used ones? I say drive around look at the slightly used ones and if you're not happy with them and can afford a new one, then go for it. Good luck!!

2006 Silver Jeep Commander Limited 4X4 - 5.7L Hemi, Quadra Drive II, Navigation System, Chrome Fuel Door, Sunroof, Rusty's 2" Lift Kit, Moto Metal M0950 Rims, Goodyear Silent Armor 255/70/17, Front Skid Plate, 4XGuard Belly Skid Plate, RR Supersliders, Chrome Front Tow Hooks, AEM Brute Force Intake, and WeatherTech Floorliners. See Pics
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Semper Fi
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 11:50 AM
Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100 Points: 41,300, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Sport
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: HueyPilotVN
Two years ago, before the current large drop in auto sales, I got a Limited for $7,000 off sticker on a 07 and another $500 veterans rebate. It just seems to me like they might be willing to really deal right now. I did pay cash but they offered me the $7,000 off right up front before they knew that.

2007 Jeep Green Limited 4.7 Flex Fuel, RR 2.5" 4 inch Superlift coils on rear, 1.5" Spacers, Bridgestone 265/70/17, K&N CAI, Flowmaster, Diamond Plate Locking Trunk, Blue Ox Baseplate w/D-rings, "Get Lost 4X4" Front Bumper, T-Max 9000 winch, "Get Lost rear tire carrier, 30 gal second gas tank.
Second 2007 Jeep Green Limited Leather HEMI QDII VES Uconnect Flowmaster OEM Skids Tow Package

Maybe the two will meet up soon edit: they did , I now have 2,now gave 1 away...and got it back again.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 02:16 PM Thread Starter
Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1 Points: 8, Level: 1
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

Yep - that's kind of why I'm torn. I have a '99 Durango I bought brand new and it's been over the last 10 years. I'm interested in new for the Lifetime power train warranty and to get an extended warranty. The Commander is considerably more complicated than my '99 Durango so I fear lots more to break and lots more $$ to fix.

That said, I did some research and it looks like I can get extended warranties (from Jeep) as long as the used one I buy has <48K miles and is <48 months old. This might be the best bet.

Thanks for the reply!

-Steve
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
If you can find a used one with the features you want and the extended warranty then that in my opinion is the way to go and save you the losing of the depreciation the moment you drive a new one off the lot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 XK, Steel Armadillo Front Bumper w/Warn Powermate winch, Rear Bumper w/tire carrier & Super Sliders, Rhino Rack Roof Rack and Foxwing Awning, KC Lights on Steel Armadillo Light Bar, 4xGuard Rear Differential Cover, Steel Armadillo Plates.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Jax
Points: 5,147, Level: 45 Points: 5,147, Level: 45 Points: 5,147, Level: 45
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%

Steve, There may be a few 08s left if you can find them.go to Ebay or Traderonline, and search for used. 08 and 09. You can quickly tell if they are new with full warranty, and know where they are located. Then go to Chrysler site, and find the dealer, search their invontories, and you can pull up the window sticker and know exactly how it is loaded, to know if it is what you want. Then just give them a call. I found about a dozen like this, and ended up getting a better deal local. But I was prepare to go a distance to get what I wanted and the price I wanted to pay.

The new factory warranty was a big plus for me,, and the 0% was too.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Points: 5,013, Level: 45 Points: 5,013, Level: 45 Points: 5,013, Level: 45
Level up: 32% Level up: 32% Level up: 32%

Steve, I am not very far from you, over here in Fairfield on Travis AFB. I just purchased an 09 Commander three weeks ago. The rebates I was able to receive were the employee discount, jeep loyalty and military discount. As funny as it seems they are still pushy about prices and are relying heavily on rebates to sell (make the price sound right). I could not get anyone to roll with the price I wanted however I am not much of a wheel and dealer and I hate being in a dealership for more than an hour. So after a month of searching and dealing with three dealerships I purchased my Commander from my Texas broker!

I can tell you the 2WD models and 08 and older are selling for dirt cheap, almost no haggling.

So you ask what you should realistically ask for? I began at 38k but no one thought I was serious until I moved up. So, realistically I would shoot for 40k-43k.

By the way I could only find an Overland in San Diego and Texas that was not black of silver and because of holdback; dealers did not want to swap to make a sell!

09 Overland, rear DVD, Light Greystone Pearl
Thule 603 Ascent 1500, MyGig Lockpick v.2
OME 2in, 255/75/17 BFG MT KM on Rubicon Wheels, 1.5 Spydertrack Spacers
Semper Gumby!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Points: 1,052, Level: 17 Points: 1,052, Level: 17 Points: 1,052, Level: 17
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%

I got a quote for $37,500 for an Overland with the rear DVD and $35,500 for a Limited with HEMI, HID, saddle brown leather, appearance package, tow package, Quadradrive II, and rear DVD--essentially everything the Overland has except the power liftgate.
These quotes are from the "Exchange New Car Sales" branch in Vicenza for overseas military, but if they can do it, I suspect that dealers can come pretty close. Now I have to decide in the next few days which one I want. Any suggestions from those of you that have the luxury of going to the dealer and checking them out in person???
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 10:59 AM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
Honestly you can do better on price if you wait until you get back and visit the dealers. My Limited was $47,600 and I picked it up for $30,000.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Points: 1,249, Level: 19 Points: 1,249, Level: 19 Points: 1,249, Level: 19
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
I got a quote for $37,500 for an Overland with the rear DVD and $35,500 for a Limited with HEMI, HID, saddle brown leather, appearance package, tow package, Quadradrive II, and rear DVD--essentially everything the Overland has except the power liftgate.
These quotes are from the "Exchange New Car Sales" branch in Vicenza for overseas military, but if they can do it, I suspect that dealers can come pretty close. Now I have to decide in the next few days which one I want. Any suggestions from those of you that have the luxury of going to the dealer and checking them out in person???
For just another 2k I'd go with the fully loaded Overload...JMO. I don't think I've ever even seen an Overland XK around here...

07' - Commander - 4.7l - Limited - Light Graystone
Mods: K&N drop in filter - Jeep slush mats - Jeep cargo tray - shorty antenna - FFV debadge

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in