That's that: Chrysler headed for Chapter 11 - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44 Points: 4,948, Level: 44
Level up: 99% Level up: 99% Level up: 99%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

That's that: Chrysler headed for Chapter 11

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/AP-Sou...n&asset=&ccode=

Sad but true, the debtors could not be satisfied, in other words the only plausible choice for Chrysler is to file for chapter 11.

As a part of the process, it is more than likely that they will sell the good parts of the company, and let the others rot. So I'm guessing one of the first parts of Chrysler to be sold (and the easiest one to sell) will be Jeep. I can only hope that some real company (like Daimler, I know, hah, or BMW) would buy it, and not one of these neverheard- Indian or Chinese "automakers".

We'll just have to wait and see. God bless the Jeep.

When going gets tough - the Commander gets going.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 04:12 AM
Points: 4,037, Level: 40 Points: 4,037, Level: 40 Points: 4,037, Level: 40
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%

Taco Bell XK

what is wrong with Indian or Chinese automakers? These countries might just be the future of the auto industry when they start to produce eco friendly cars. American cars don't have the best reputation either. Actually mine is made in Mexico and that is probably why I can fill it up with corn ethanol at my local Taqueria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/AP-Sou...n&asset=&ccode=

Sad but true, the debtors could not be satisfied, in other words the only plausible choice for Chrysler is to file for chapter 11.

As a part of the process, it is more than likely that they will sell the good parts of the company, and let the others rot. So I'm guessing one of the first parts of Chrysler to be sold (and the easiest one to sell) will be Jeep. I can only hope that some real company (like Daimler, I know, hah, or BMW) would buy it, and not one of these neverheard- Indian or Chinese "automakers".

We'll just have to wait and see. God bless the Jeep.

2K7 4X4Limited. - AEM BF INTAKE; BANKS HEADER; 3" PIPING; RANDOM TECH CAT; MAGNAFLOW WIDE-OPEN; JET STAGE-1; E3 SPARKPLUGS; NOTTO-SE 12000K HID LO/FOG; SYLVANIA SILVESTAR ULTRA HI; ALL LED INTERIOR WHITE LIGHTING "XTEC JAPAN"; ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1500 MONO AMP RUNNING POWER STAGE II 15" SUB; ROCKFORD FOSGATE T400 RUNNING ALPINE SPX 13PRO; VALENTINE 1 HARD WIRED; RMT GPS TRACKING; OPTIMA DEEPCYCLE BATTERY; HANKOOK DYNAPRO RF10 265/70/17; SPIDERTRAX 1.5" SPACER; 2" ROUGH COUNTRY LIFT.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashmaximusoriya View Post
what is wrong with Indian or Chinese automakers? These countries might just be the future of the auto industry when they start to produce eco friendly cars.
These automakers COULD produce eco-friendly, quality cars in the future, no doubt. The problem is that currently they are producing more or less just plasticy copies of western cars, very unsafe and unreliable, ugly cars. I can't possibly imagine how these companies could develop Jeep further, so that there wouldn't be at least a temporary step backwards.

After 10, 20, 30 years, things can be of course different.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 04:50 AM
Points: 4,037, Level: 40 Points: 4,037, Level: 40 Points: 4,037, Level: 40
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%

Many American cars can be unsafe and very unreliable. China has been making Jeeps for a while now. I think their military uses the BeijingJeep or something like that. Whether you like it or not China will rule the world soon. A lot of countries depend on Chinese exports, and so does the U.S. With that being said, beggers can't be choosers.

2K7 4X4Limited. - AEM BF INTAKE; BANKS HEADER; 3" PIPING; RANDOM TECH CAT; MAGNAFLOW WIDE-OPEN; JET STAGE-1; E3 SPARKPLUGS; NOTTO-SE 12000K HID LO/FOG; SYLVANIA SILVESTAR ULTRA HI; ALL LED INTERIOR WHITE LIGHTING "XTEC JAPAN"; ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1500 MONO AMP RUNNING POWER STAGE II 15" SUB; ROCKFORD FOSGATE T400 RUNNING ALPINE SPX 13PRO; VALENTINE 1 HARD WIRED; RMT GPS TRACKING; OPTIMA DEEPCYCLE BATTERY; HANKOOK DYNAPRO RF10 265/70/17; SPIDERTRAX 1.5" SPACER; 2" ROUGH COUNTRY LIFT.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 05:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashmaximusoriya View Post
Many American cars can be unsafe and very unreliable. China has been making Jeeps for a while now. I think their military uses the BeijingJeep or something like that. Whether you like it or not China will rule the world soon. A lot of countries depend on Chinese exports, and so does the U.S. With that being said, beggers can't be choosers.
No doubt China will be the worlds biggest economic (and also military) power, probably within the next decade. And they won't stop there, they'll soon be that with a huge margin compared to the next.

The point is, that currently their economical growth is mostly based on cheap labour, huge population, and the ability to copy and produce copied stuff very efficiently. In time this will change when they start engineering their own stuff more, and copy less from everywhere else. Moreover the chinese companies will start taking their share of the world market, less and less western companies are able to produce cheap products in China and then sell them elsewhere with massive margins.

But as said, the cars currently produced in China (by local companies) wouldn't match the european or american safety standards even poorly. They are far, far behind in that sector. They are not far ahead with eco-friendly technology either. And their domestically designed cars look like they came out of a melting oven, which is normal in early stages of automotive companies, before they find their own style & brand.

So I don't think they would bring Jeep forward, where e.g. BMW or similar might. Not yet.

Naturally feel free to disagree, it's a matter of opinion.

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 06:26 AM
Points: 4,379, Level: 42 Points: 4,379, Level: 42 Points: 4,379, Level: 42
Level up: 15% Level up: 15% Level up: 15%

I hope the Jeep doesn't fall into Chinese hands. You may inhale toxic fumes while driving it. The Chinese are known for trying to kill Americans with their toxic drywall, poisonous pet foods and numerous children's toy recalls. If they don't kill you, they'll kill your pets. The problem is 99.8% of everything you pick in the store is made in China.

2007 Jeep Commander 4X4, 4.7, Steel Blue
2003 Ford Thunderbird, White, Black Top w/ Port Holes
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Just breaking, the White House is announcing the Chrysler has filed for Chapter 11. So it's over.

I'm very sorry for all of those who lose their pension. That's the saddest part.

post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 09:28 AM
Points: 15,918, Level: 81 Points: 15,918, Level: 81 Points: 15,918, Level: 81
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%

hopefully international will buy the jeep line or mahandra.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Points: 5,906, Level: 49 Points: 5,906, Level: 49 Points: 5,906, Level: 49
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%

So Chrysler filed Chapter 11, what does our warranty mean specially the "Life Time Powertrain Warranty"?

06' Black Limited QDII HEMI - 2" Revtek Lift 245/75/17 Goodyear Duratrac -Monroe Sensa Trac Struts and Sensa Trac Load Adjusting Shocks.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 10:38 AM
Points: 34,360, Level: 100 Points: 34,360, Level: 100 Points: 34,360, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%

Garage
Send a message via MSN to cico7 Send a message via Skype™ to cico7
Quote:
I'm very sorry for all of those who lose their pension. That's the saddest part.
Me included........../:-(

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Benjamin Davis Pirtle
1990-2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in