Pull the trigger on a Commander?
Hey guys, wanna hear what you think....
One of the dealerships out be me was included in that list who had their license to sell revoked by Chrysler and a deadline of 6/9/2009 to move any inventory. (Since Chrysler is protected in BK court, they don't have to take an inventory back!)
Anyhow, they have a 2008 Jeep Commander Limited 4x4 v8 4.7L w/ Nav system - Leather Interior that has the orginal sticke fact sheet on it of $42,995.00 (only has 87 miles on it)
They have come all the way down to $29,995 as of last night in an offer to me. Thing is, taxes + license takes it to an "out the door" cost of about $32K. Those same cars are going at the auctions for about $23k-$25K (and I am not sure, but believe you don't pat taxes at the auction houses...especially if you are an out of state buyer)
I know if the dealership can;t sel by 9pm tonight, they have to unload to another dealership....but not sure at what price that would be....so not sure how low they truley will go.
I have a rep at a closed Chrsyler GM only auction today, and there are 3 Commanders on the blocks....one was a 07' fully loaded 4x4 HEMI Nav, ect.. with 17K miles that just went for $21.1K...so I know there are deals to be had.
The question is, do I take my chances and hold out for another auction where I know I can get them $4K cheaper (but then chance having to WAIT until the exact ext/int color combo that I want comes along w/ under 15K miles) or do I pull the trigger at $29,995.00? (which remember, is $32K after taxes+lic). As you all know, I really like the look and feel of the Commander, but the resale value has just plumitted.....
What do you all think?