Overland: Sound Deadening Material - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Points: 8,057, Level: 60 Points: 8,057, Level: 60 Points: 8,057, Level: 60
Level up: 54% Level up: 54% Level up: 54%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2008
Trim Package: Overland
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 79000
Overland: Sound Deadening Material

Just going over the brochure for the XK, and the Overland pages say there is "...extensive sound deadening". I realized that my XK was A LOT quieter than my '99 WJ, but didn't realize that the Overland had more isolation than the standard XK.

Anyone taken apart a door panel, flooring or roof liner to see what they're talking about? Is it similar to aftermarket acousti matt material or is it made out of belly button lint from Palaun orphans accumulated over the sum total of three generations?

Thanks,

mb1k
'08 XK Overland. Brilliant Silver Metallic, 5.7L, QD II, Leather Light Graystone/Khaki, VES, OME 2" & Nitro-Chargers, Cooper Discoverer AT/3 255/65/17
'16 Cherokee Trailhawk. Rhino, 3.2L Pentastar
'99 WJ Grand Cherokee Laredo. 4.7L V8, Bright Platinum Metallic/Taupe leather, etc. OME 2.5" springs and shocks, Stillen cross-drilled rotors/pads. 72,000 miles. Original owner. Sold Jun-09
'86 CJ7. Olympic White/Black Vinyl. Bone stock OEM. 127,000 miles. Original owner. Sold Mar-10

Last edited by mb1k; 06-12-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100 Points: 63,765, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Send a message via Yahoo to a49erFan
I noticed it on the firewall as well. I was in the engine compartment looking for a place to drill a hole for some more wires and the sound deadening material was covering most of the firewall.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in