Front end mods by Bambi - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
General Commander Discussion General Discussion involving the Jeep Commander goes here. If it does not fit into a more specific category below, post it here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
Points: 1,216, Level: 19 Points: 1,216, Level: 19 Points: 1,216, Level: 19
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Front end mods by Bambi

My phone won't upload the pics at the moment, but thanks to one of Michigans fine-four-legged-furries I now need a new bumper cover and passenger headlight!

The damage was actually pretty minimal, it ripped the fender flare off by breaking all the plastic rivits, but it's still intact. Headlight was pretty well destroyed. Repair shop est. was $1389.70, but my insurance is cutting me a check as I'll do the repairs and paint myself.

I did put a call in to a Chrysler engineering friend of mine to see if he can locate the elusive XH headlights for me (or the HID's for the 09'). Also going to look at an ARB bumper for a LandCruiser to see if I can mod it to fit the XK. Worse comes to worse, it'll be back stock and I'll have a little extra cash in the pocket to finish my super-bull bar.

'06 Blacked out, 4.7, 2" RoughCountry lift, SpiderTrax 1.5" spacers, 255/75/17 BFG Mud Terrain, Blacked out and cleared stock rims, Tinted turns and tails, LED interior lighting, Garmin GPS, stealth holster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 11:05 AM
Points: 14,892, Level: 79 Points: 14,892, Level: 79 Points: 14,892, Level: 79
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%

It might be a good time to check out GetLost4x4's front bumper. Several forum members have them. If I get hit by a deer, that's what I would do with the insurance money.

Also, I think there are some plastic front bumper fascia's available used from forum members.

2007 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Rusty's 2" lift, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, GetLost4x4's front hitch mount for portable winch.GY Duratracs 265/70R17s , Rola Roof Rack, diy built spare tire mount for the roof rack.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Points: 15,238, Level: 79 Points: 15,238, Level: 79 Points: 15,238, Level: 79
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%

Sorry to hear about this. I agree with GP, look into a GL4x4 bumper and never worry about dear again they will explode if you hit one with a GL4x4 bumper! LOL I had one run into my door and bend the corner a couple months ago but it was not that bad.

Bright Silver 4.7L 2.25 RR/OME lift, Kumho KL71 265/70/17, Flashpaq, Lights, rack, intake, Super44, mopar skids, 4x belly guard, rear fog lights, MM9500 winch, GetLost4x4 winch mount

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HILLBILLY DELUXE

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-16-2009, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Points: 1,216, Level: 19 Points: 1,216, Level: 19 Points: 1,216, Level: 19
Level up: 16% Level up: 16% Level up: 16%

This would be an optimal time for one of GetLost's awesome bumpers, but the insurance pay out isn't quite enough and I don't have the extra cash for un-planned mods. I'm going to look at the ARB bumper tomorrow and see if I can retrofit it (guy only wants $200 for it).

All said and done, it's only about $350 in parts and the insurance company's cutting me a check for $889 ($500 deductable). Either way, I'll make out ok.

'06 Blacked out, 4.7, 2" RoughCountry lift, SpiderTrax 1.5" spacers, 255/75/17 BFG Mud Terrain, Blacked out and cleared stock rims, Tinted turns and tails, LED interior lighting, Garmin GPS, stealth holster.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > General Commander Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in