Join Date: Jun 2006
Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
If 4WD - system: QD-II
I'm not sure what the difference is between the std Hemi and the SRT8 hemi is. If the heads are different, the manifolds/headers might not bolt up.
The SRT engine includes numerous modifications from the standard Hemi, such as:
- Reinforced bulkheads.
- Larger cylinder bores, by 3.5 millimeters, honed with torque plates to ensure a truer bore.
- Oil squirters, aimed at the underside of each piston, aided by a special oil pump pressure relief valve.
- Modified oil pan and windage tray.
- Larger-diameter, flat-top pistons with high-load capability.
- Revised connecting rods using higher-strength powder metal material. New floating piston pins.
- Crankshaft forged from micro-alloy steel, in tri-metal main bearings, with retuned damper.
- Head ports designed with larger cross-sectional area. This allows 11 percent higher flow in the intake ports, and 13 percent higher flow in the exhaust ports.
- A billet steel, high-strength camshaft features more overlap and lift for better performance.
- Intake valves feature hollow stems and 2 mm larger heads. The hollow exhaust valve stems are filled with sodium to dissipate heat. Premium valve springs with external dampers enable higher engine speed operation to 6,400 rpm and allow the peak output engine speed to increase to 6,000 rpm from 5,000 rpm.
- Specially designed intake and exhaust manifolds.
- Cast aluminum intake manifold with shorter, larger-diameter and tapered runners for high-speed tuning. Internal runners are core-dipped to smooth the runner finish and improve air flow.
- 14% higher fuel injector flow capacity; higher-flow air cleaner box with a tuned resonator delivering a deep performance sound character (and good for an extra eight horsepower).
- Exhaust headers are individual tubes encased in a stainless steel shell. Exhaust runners allow increased gas flow while maintaining fast catalyst light-off, while adding 12 horsepower over the 5.7-liter engine’s cast manifolds.
- Dual knock sensors with premium fuel.
2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S