Jeep Commander Forum banner

Finally got a lift installed

4K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  wmjacobsjr 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I finally got my lift and had it installed. It's a Rough Country 2". The total cost for the lift, installation and alignment was $361.95. I took post lift pics of the XK and of the installed parts.

Now I'm ready for JeepSkool. June can't come soon enough.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks awesome! Now time to upgrade the tires...

#3 ·
Are you dropping hints Chuck???? lol. Probably not for a while. I just got those in October.

#5 ·
Thank you Rob. The tires were great both times I took them off-roading.

#6 · (Edited)
Looks Great. I think your back spacer is upside-down!

#7 ·
Maybe mine is?

Here is a pic of mine. It goes over that bump.

#8 ·
Overall looks good, but I have to agree with D-nice. Something doesn't look right about the the rear spacer. There should not be a gap between the spacer and the upper spring perch.

#9 ·
Whew! I thought I was going to have to take mine apart.

#10 ·
Yeah, that rear spacer definately isnt installed correctly.

#11 ·
The new RC lift ( which is what he has) levels out the commander. In his pics the rear of his commander looks a bit higher. Good thing he posted the pics. I don't know if it would have hurt anything but better to have it done the right way.

#13 ·
Hi Wmjacobsjr,

You have the absolutely most clean undercarrieage XK, I've seen. After you get the rear spacer re-installed, you'll be fine with those tires. They were great when we were at the Mounds last time.

Guys, you should see when he shows up to wheel in the mud at the Mounds. His Jeep is spotless, shiny and looks like it was just detailed. People in the parking lot stop what they are doing when we all show up in the Commanders to wheel.

#14 · (Edited)
It is sitting 1" higher in the rear. I will let him know tomorrow. He'll have to correct it. It willl be a quick fix.

Thanks GP. I wash it once a week when the weather turns nice. I love to get it muddy, but I also love it clean.

#15 ·
Thanks for putting that up D-nice, I appreciate it. Thanks to you also to Rob. I talked to the guy from the shop today and they will get me in either Tuesday or Wednesday.

#16 ·
Well I thought I'd post the pics of the spacer after it was re-installed. I am very happy with it now. Thanks to all my fellow members for their letting me know it didn't look right.

#18 ·
Ready for mud. I will pull up in a clean Jeep but you can bet it won't leave that way.:rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.