I have a 2007 Commander Sport 3.7 QT1 that is my daily driver. It now has 115,000 miles on it and needs a new suspension. Rather than just go replacing with stock struts, shocks, and springs; I am thinking it is time for a lift.....I will be due for new tires by this fall anyway.
So, I have pretty much settled on getting an Old Man Emu (OME) suspension lift, but am stumped if I should go with the HD or the MD option. This XK is my daily driver (about 35,000 miles a year) and gets me from trout stream to trout stream towing my drift boat and a couple of buddies with our gear. I won't do much wheelin' in it other than getting the boat down to the river on two-tracks and forest service trails, but want to be somewhat off-road capable (had a couple of times last year where i didn't have the clearance and would have appreciated some rails).
So with all of that background, could you help a brother out with the following questions:
1. HD or MD OME Lift for a 3.7 QT1 XK?
2. Recommendations for a good all-terrain tire for highway use?
3. At this point, I am going to stick with the stock wheels, what size tire would you recommend with this lift?
4. Should I upgrade the Upper Control Arms while I am in there?
(If so, i was thinking of going with these Rocky Road UCA's...any thoughts?
5. Will I need a trim package still to level my XK after the OME install?
(If so, I was thinking of this one
6. Will I need to buy any additional items for the install such as a strut mounting kit?
Thanks for your help / input. This will be my first upgrade, so I am excited and nervous. Once i get this put on, if anyone is in the STL / Ozark area and wants to get together to test it out, drop me a PM.