Superlift with Bilstein adjustables? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Suspension / Lifts This is the place to discuss the suspension, lift systems, and other stuff underneath your Jeep Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1 Points: 39, Level: 1
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Superlift with Bilstein adjustables?

I just purchased an 06 Limited with 5.7 Hemi and 83k miles. It needs some suspension work and I am pretty sure I have decided to install the Superlift 4" lift kit. My question is about the stance after the lift is installed. With all the weight of the Hemi up front I'm concerned that front will sit a bit low. What is everyone's experience with this? I was wondering if anyone has tried using the Bilstein 5100 adjustables in place of the coil shims included in the kit. This platform is new to me and all the variables are a bit overwhelming. Please help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-21-2014, 10:13 PM
Points: 5,589, Level: 48 Points: 5,589, Level: 48 Points: 5,589, Level: 48
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

I have a 2010 limited with the Hemi and put on the 4" Superlift. It leveled it out perfect. I then put on a Tactical Armor front bumper with a 10 k winch and it only put it down 3/8". So I put 3/16" spacer on top of the shock tower and back level again. It rides so much better that stock and I have the stock struts on with 40k miles. Firmer as not to bottom out but not too rough. Just right. They did it right with this lift. Rear shocks included compliment the lift. Don't think you will need Bilsteins unless yours are shot. I have posted a few pics on pictures - Black Bear Pass and Imogene Pass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Suspension / Lifts

Tags
bilstein , superlift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in