Jeep Commander Forum banner

Just installed OME HD Springs/shocks and JBA UCAs (Driver side lower 1/2")

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  luckyse7ens 
#1 ·
Hey all,
I just got done installing the entire lift kit and after alignment the driver side sits 1/2" lower than the passenger. I did install the "A" spring on the drivers side as instructed. What would cause this height difference. Oh yeah I installed 1/2 spacers on top of the spring strut combo as well. I have a full tank, but did not have that much of a difference before the lift.
Thanks
Frank

#2 ·
Give it a few days to a week to settle then remeasure it.

#4 · (Edited)
Is there a different part number for the left and right stock springs? I don't know on the Commander, but there is on other vehicles and just as many vehicles have the same part number left and right. Because some vehicles are very balanced, while others may have one corner signficantly heavier than the other and need a different spring to sit at the same height as the opposite side.

If its the same part number, left and right for stock, then I suspect like suggested, that you need to drive a little to get it all to settle out.

You might want to inspect the springs in their perches, if the perch is the kind that has an offset to match the offset of the spring, is both springs fully seated into the offset? Hard to explain what I am envisioning, and it might NOT even apply to the commander or these aftermarket springs.

This is what I'm talking about, you can imagine if the pigtail is NOT lined up properly it make that strut ride a little higher. BUT, I think I'm wrong, the Commander doesn't have spings like this, the base is flat fitted into a flat perch.

#5 ·
Frank1530... update? I have a slight lean as well, on day 6 now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.