Anybody use the JBA/Bilstein 4" lift for $1250 on JBA website? - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Suspension / Lifts This is the place to discuss the suspension, lift systems, and other stuff underneath your Jeep Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-15-2016, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Points: 7,378, Level: 57 Points: 7,378, Level: 57 Points: 7,378, Level: 57
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Anybody use the JBA/Bilstein 4" lift for $1250 on JBA website?

Been looking around for a new lift to replace my RR 2.25. Came across one on JBA for $1250 that's a 4". Doesn't have much info on the website, hopefully somebody will know something about it.

2006 XK Sport 4.7L QDII | Rocky Road 2.25" | Rocky Road 3/8" strut spacers | Bilstein shocks and struts | 265/70/17 Falken Wildpeak AT | Raceline Assault 17x9 +18 wheels | iPad mini in dash | Pioneer Digital Media Player | Infinity reference 2 ohm 3.5" | Infinity reference 2 ohm 6.5" | Infinity reference 2 ohm 6x9 | Quadratec floor liners | Flowmaster 40 series 3" tailpipe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 09:27 AM
Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

There are folks more experienced with lift kits than myself on this forum, take their word over mine.

But, a 4" in lift in a Commander with Independent Front Suspension, to do it properly, is going to require replacement of major suspension pieces. The kits I have seen (and Don't know the Brand) have replacement steering knuckles that are elongated and move the hub placement.

If this kit just uses blocks or longer springs to just increase the distance between the suspension and the body, keeping all the same suspension geometry, at 4" it will likely put drive shafts and tie-rods, maybe even ball joints, near their limits for angles. Which could mean lots of broken or worn out parts in your future, and perhaps poor handling. (I could be wrong, but I'm confident at 4" you had better make sure its a "quality" kit doing the lift "right" or you could regret it).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-18-2016, 09:56 AM
Points: 1,374, Level: 20 Points: 1,374, Level: 20 Points: 1,374, Level: 20
Level up: 74% Level up: 74% Level up: 74%

I'm having to rebuild my rack and pinion due to the stress my RC 2.5" lift is putting on the tie rods. I wonder if it's possible to put longer ends in to lower the angle?

Just a heads up that you may have problems with that.

2006 Jeep Commander Limited 5.7L, Rough Country 2.5" Lift, Spidertrax 1.5" spacers, DiabloSport i1000, Stock Wheels and Tires

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Points: 7,378, Level: 57 Points: 7,378, Level: 57 Points: 7,378, Level: 57
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%

Thanks for the input. I emailed JBA and got a lot of info from them on this kit. I've also seen other companies that sell a modified OME
4" kit. I don't know if I would want to go through all the hassle of broken stuff just to fit a little bit bigger tire under there. I might just have to save up for the Superlift and do it right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Suspension / Lifts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in