DOWNLOADABLE PDF HERE
(Thanks to Cico7)
Front Springs OME991
Front Struts N188S
Rear Springs OME993
Rear Struts N190
Installation Instructions for Old Man Emu Lift Kit for 2006-2009 Jeep Commander
1. Strut Spring Compressor Kit. Available for rent at most larger parts stores.
2. Air or electric impact wrench. Necessary for turning of spring compressor kit.
3. Impact Socket set, both Metric and Standard. A regular socket set will work, but you will need some deep sockets.
4. Large hammer
5. 2 Ton Jack or larger, with the most lift height you can find.
6. Minimum of 2 Jack Stands for vehicle support.
7. Grease; any type will do.
8. Protective Gloves.
9. Eye Protection.
10. Two large screwdrivers or other tools for prying the strut clevis open.
11. Cut off tool.
Please examine entire instruction booklet before proceeding with installation!!!!!
Make sure you don’t start till you have the required jack stands. The vehicle will have both tires off the front and off the rear at the same time. In the event of hydrolic jack failure, support is needed to protect your vehicle.
Section 1: The Front
The first half we will be doing is the front. This is usually the most time consuming part.
1.First pop the hood, and disconnect the negative terminal of the battery.
2.Locate the coolant reservoir, and disassemble.
This is held to the vehicle by 1 plastic nut that is removable by hand, and 1 bolt.
3.Move to the other side of the Vehicle and begin to remove the fuse and relay boxes. There are no bolts holding these on, only the tricky little tabs that you use a screwdriver to release. Be patient with these, and don’t force them, as that can cause the brittle plastic to break.
Set them aside to reveal the plastic shroud that they mount to. Then that needs to come off. These steps will reveal the 4 nuts and studs that hold the strut to the body.