2006 Limited Hemi 5.7 lift choice - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Suspension / Lifts This is the place to discuss the suspension, lift systems, and other stuff underneath your Jeep Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-13-2016, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Banned
Points: 160, Level: 3 Points: 160, Level: 3 Points: 160, Level: 3
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

2006 Limited Hemi 5.7 lift choice

So I was about to pull the trigger on the Old Man EMU complete lift system today, but then had second thoughts after reading some reviews. I mainly want to gain about 2 inches of lift and have the front and rear closer to level. The tech at RR said they sell the spacer to help with the leveling. My question is, do I want the Old Man complete setup with coils and shocks/struts, or do I want the Rough Country kit with the Bilstein 4600's? If I go the second route, will front and rear be level or will I need anything additional to do that? Lastly, I have 17x7.5 OEM rims and want to know what tires work best with the lift for clearance, but will also be flush with fender and not sticking out. I'm assuming I may need a 1" spacer to bring it out. Sorry for the long thread, but thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 05:43 PM
Points: 3,939, Level: 39 Points: 3,939, Level: 39 Points: 3,939, Level: 39
Level up: 93% Level up: 93% Level up: 93%

I purchased the OME HD complete kit for my 08 Sport with the 3.7 last November and I'm glad I spent the money for it, i'm pleased as can be with the end results. I've no regrets doing it. I gained 2 1/2 inches and it leveled it out.

I had JBA upper control arms installed and I put 255/75/17 BF Goodrich M/T on it. I did put new rims on it, 17 x 8 with a 35mm offset (stock is 44mm if I remember) to account for the width difference. no spacers needed with them.

With stock rims I'm thinking you probably won't need spacers but I won't say for sure. The control arm stud can be shortened if it is rubbing. With 265/70/17 you will need spacers.

I preferred the 255/75/17 vs the 265/70/17

2008 Sport
255/75/17 BF Goodrich MT
Platinum Allure Bright PVD 17x8 35mm offset
JBA upper control arms
OME HD lift
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Banned
Points: 160, Level: 3 Points: 160, Level: 3 Points: 160, Level: 3
Level up: 20% Level up: 20% Level up: 20%

Thanks Rifle...so I did order the OME MD along with a set of RR upper control arms. I'm still on the fence on whether I will use stock rims or change them out. Thanks for the info on the sizing....any chance you can send me a front/rear shot so I can see how they sit compared to the fenders? Thanks in advance!

JP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Suspension / Lifts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in