Font axle mount bushing parts ebay - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Suspension / Lifts This is the place to discuss the suspension, lift systems, and other stuff underneath your Jeep Commander

11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Points: 928, Level: 16 Points: 928, Level: 16 Points: 928, Level: 16
Level up: 28% Level up: 28% Level up: 28%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Own a Commander?: Yes
Model year: 2006
Trim Package: Sport
2WD
If 4WD - system: QT-I
Font axle mount bushing parts ebay

Is this what we need to reolace the bushing clunK?

New Front Differential Mount Set for Jeep Commander Grand Cherokee 52089516AB | eBay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:21 PM
Points: 7,084, Level: 55 Points: 7,084, Level: 55 Points: 7,084, Level: 55
Level up: 67% Level up: 67% Level up: 67%

Yep. That's it. Or you can check out Jeeperf's site and get some SERIOUS polyurethane ones. Maybe we can talk him into a group buy....hmmmmmmm......
luckyse7ens likes this.

06 Limited Hemi QDII
CBEngineering Coilover Lift Kit, tie rod ends, U+L rear control arms, RRO front UCAs, adjustable track bar, JKS QD sway bar links, Steel Armadillo diff cover and A/C armor, 4xGuard full Matrix, rock sliders, rear sliders, and belly guard, Wilco Offroad Hitchgate, all riding on ProComp Series 29 17x8.5 wheels with 265/70r17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

.45ACP...because shooting twice is just, well, silly.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

2WD
Link to his site please

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator
Points: 59,028, Level: 100 Points: 59,028, Level: 100 Points: 59,028, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahiti Steve View Post
Link to his site please
http://www.jeeperf.com/

luckyse7ens likes this.

2006 Steel Blue 5.7L HEMI Limited 4x4 Build Date: June 9, 2006 Hour 14
Interior: Dark Slate/Light Graystone with Saddle Brown Leather Seats
Quadra-Drive II, NAV, DVD, Trailer Tow Group IV, Off-Road Group II, Remote Start, UConnect, Rear Backup Camera, Chrome Wheels,
Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, Daytime Running Lights enabled, 2" Rough Country Lift with 265/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler AT/S
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 11:10 PM Thread Starter

2WD
I definatly would be using the poly ones. The problem im having is deciding whether to pay to get them replaced or tackle them myself. Its more than I want to do on my own and its more than I want to spend if I pay a shop lol.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 12:06 PM
Points: 31,849, Level: 100 Points: 31,849, Level: 100 Points: 31,849, Level: 100
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Trim Package: Limited
Power-Train: 5.7L V-8 Hemi
4WD
If 4WD - system: QD-II
Current Mileage: 103,000
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahiti Steve View Post
I definatly would be using the poly ones. The problem im having is deciding whether to pay to get them replaced or tackle them myself. Its more than I want to do on my own and its more than I want to spend if I pay a shop lol.
Well just a couple weeks ago I had the dealer replace mine (under lifetime powertrain warrantee) and it took them 2 days. The front differential has to be removed and what that entails I don't know. My commander was from Detroit as a lease and then me in Ohio for 5 years so the rust was fun for the mechanic. I would take it to a local mechanic instead of dealer and it may not be very expensive.

06 Commander Limited Hemi - QDII,
Past -89 Comanche, 98 Grand Cherokee (2WD), 2000 Cherokee, 05 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7
Had to replace the brakes - they opened more gas stations in town
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

2WD
So I went ahead and ordered the poly bushing kit for the front differential from Jeep Performance. They better be worth it for the money I paid to get them to Canada...exchange and shipping costs. My mechanic said the Chrysler kit will maybe only last 5 years so i can only assume that these will last longer.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 08:18 AM
Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

Be careful ordering parts off of eBay, some or just really poor quality. Having said that, this particular auction states they are "Crown" brand, which is know to be quality stuff, so if they seller has a good rating and is being honest in the brand of parts he's offering that might be a good deal.

I have not done the bushing replacement. It does require dropping the front axle which means removing the CV shafts, which means dissembling the suspension quite a bit to do it. But a professional should be able to do it in a day.

The problem is removing the two pressed in bushings, they are a bear to get out and most common tools just won't fit to press them out. There are some youtube videos of folks doing the job, remember the job is exactly the same for the same years Grand Cherokee's, and the fastest way seems to be using an air chisel to chisel the old bushing sleeves out of the axle.
luckyse7ens likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 08:27 AM
Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81 Points: 15,906, Level: 81
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickTheMick View Post
Yep. That's it. Or you can check out Jeeperf's site and get some SERIOUS polyurethane ones. Maybe we can talk him into a group buy....hmmmmmmm......
The Polyurethane versions removes the voids in the bushings, the primary reason the OEM bushings wear out and tear, but also the reason why they provide smoothness and damping.

So logically, the solid poly bushing would last much longer, i.e. you won't have to do the job another time.

But, how do they feel with NVH and smoothness on the driveline? Anyone with some experience can comment?

I have seen plenty of warnings of poly bushings increasing the NVH/Harshness/Roughness and some do and some don't when I've tried them. I guess most do, but its a matter of degree, and some I've found its hardly noticeable and some almost all the time you can't tell a difference at all.

Other problem, they are expensive, compared to if you bargain shop a good quality brand that is direct replacement.
Big Blue likes this.

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 03:13 PM
Points: 7,991, Level: 60 Points: 7,991, Level: 60 Points: 7,991, Level: 60
Level up: 21% Level up: 21% Level up: 21%

Model year: 2010
Power-Train: 3.7L V-6
2WD
Current Mileage: 140000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongo View Post
The Polyurethane versions removes the voids in the bushings, the primary reason the OEM bushings wear out and tear, but also the reason why they provide smoothness and damping.

So logically, the solid poly bushing would last much longer, i.e. you won't have to do the job another time.

But, how do they feel with NVH and smoothness on the driveline? Anyone with some experience can comment?

I have seen plenty of warnings of poly bushings increasing the NVH/Harshness/Roughness and some do and some don't when I've tried them. I guess most do, but its a matter of degree, and some I've found its hardly noticeable and some almost all the time you can't tell a difference at all.

Other problem, they are expensive, compared to if you bargain shop a good quality brand that is direct replacement.
polyurethane comes in varying durometer ratings, plus yes, the voids in the oem design help quite a bit to dampen the transfer of sound and harshness as well. I have read comments regarding poly diff mounts in the past on jeepforum saying that while it may be a slightly noticable difference, it isn't a horrendous difference. IMHO it really depends on how long you plan to own the vehicle, and whether you'd like to save a few bucks now with an OEM style or spend twice as much time or labor cost having them installed more than once.
Quote:
A durometer scale is a type of measurement for rubber material hardness. The rubber durometer chart below gives you an idea of the rubber hardness that you want for your application. Generally, most rubber materials fall under the rubber durometer scale of Shore A. Thus, if you need a rubber or O-ring durometer that feels like a running shoe sole, review our rubber hardness chart below, then pick Shore 70A. A rubber durometer of Shore 70A is the most commonly chosen material hardness for all applications.

a. Shore 20A = Rubber Band
b. Shore 40A = Pencil Eraser
c. Shore 60A = Car Tire Tread
d. Shore 70A* = Running Shoe Sole
e. Shore 80A = Leather Belt
f. Shore 100A = Shopping Cart Wheel
EDIT: of course it was Omelet's build thread that I read about this first... that guy has done everything:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
Well great news! My front pinion bushing was starting to fail again..........yippy :brickwall So this time I hit up Wally at JeePerf for a set of his 05-10 Jeep WK/XK Poly Differential Bushing. Then it was time to get to work.

I grabbed a pneumatic chisel thinking that was going to make the job easier. FYI it really didn't. I found the easiest way to get the old bushings out was to use a sawzall and cut the center out, then cut a slit in the outer collar. At that point the collar will just pop out with minimal force. Here's what my first one looked like after using the chisel.

Yes that sucked! But once I popped the new one in it was worth it.

Then it was on to the next bushing which was much easier since I gave up on the chisel and grabbed the sawzal.

Now that I have been driving around with them for a while I can say they do increase road noise a little, but not too much. Just knowing I will never have to replace them again definitely makes the slight increase worth it though! The added noise sounds more like a bearing going out than anything else. So maybe I'm only hearing something starting to fail. I guess we'll see soon enough out:

Last edited by luckyse7ens; 03-02-2017 at 03:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Suspension / Lifts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in