Jeep Commander Forum banner

2" will get you 6"

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Big Blue 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I've bit the bullet and got new tires, Goodyear SRA's 265/70/17, and in order to do that there was the R.C. lift new front shocks/springs ball joints, rear shocks, alignment, Superchips 3874, and time.
It came out good and the differences in my case are as follows:

Before
Center of Wheel=13.75"
Bottom of fender from ground=31.5"front 33.5" rear
Bottom of front bumper= 18"
Bottom of hitch receiver=20"
After
Center of Wheel=15.125"
Bottom of fender to ground=37" Front 36.250" Rear
Bottom of front bumper 24"
Bottom of hitch receiver=21"
Bottom of Rocker=16"
Bottom of Skid Plate= 12.50"
Bottom of frame=15.50"
Swanny

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
When You guys do these "leveling" lifts, and the front is lifted 6 inches where the back is only lifted an inch or two, do you get your headlights properly aimed (lowered) as part of the package?

I'm a bit glare sensitive, and I try to avoid driving at night. Still, I'd hate to meet one of these things coming at me on a 2 lane country road around here if the headlights have been raised that much.

#8 · (Edited)
When You guys do these "leveling" lifts, and the front is lifted 6 inches where the back is only lifted an inch or two, do you get your headlights properly aimed (lowered) as part of the package?

I'm a bit glare sensitive, and I try to avoid driving at night. Still, I'd hate to meet one of these things coming at me on a 2 lane country road around here if the headlights have been raised that much.
I've changed out my headlights completely - new headlight housings and new LED headlights and I have properly clocked them;

But I still don't think you would enjoy seeing me coming at you on a 2 lane country road at night.

#7 ·
Light Alignment

I plan to, but the days are long here now an I'm in bed before a good test is able to be made, but as they get shorter I will start with the F.S.M. specs and go from there.

In case you just tuned in this is my Wife's Car, so believe me She will let me know.

Swanny

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.