2 Upper Control Arms (1right side, 1 left side)
2 Uni-Ball Pins
2 ½ x 20 grade 8 nuts
2 5/8 x 18 grade 8 nuts
*Ύ End Wrench or Socket with extension *18mm end Wrench & Socket
*Dead Blow Hammer or Equivalent *10mm end Wrench & Socket
*Pry Bar *3/4 end Wrench & Socket
*15mm end wrench *3/8 Wrench or Ratchet
* 15/16 end wrech
Other items needed
Starting on the driver-side of the vehicle.
1) Jack up the vehicle and safely place jack stands under the front of the vehicle.
2) Remove the wheel.
3) Unbolt the sway-bar from the lower control arm
4) Unbolt the lower strut bolt from the lower control arm.
5) Remove the inner-fender liner.
6) Open the hood and unbolt the upper strut bolts.
A) Unbolt the ball-joint on the upper control arm using an 18mm wrench or socket.
B) Leave this nut on with a few threads before doing the next step.
C) Using a dead-blow hammer, hit the knuckle where the uni-ball stud goes through the knuckle. This should only take a few hits to release it from the knuckle.
D) Remove the nut and carefully lower the assembly down.
8) Unbolt the upper control arm bolts using an 18mm wrench and a 15mm wrench.
9) With the upper control arm bolts loose, remove the strut assembly.
10) With the strut assembly removed continue removing the upper control arm bolts. Set these bolts and nuts aside to be reused with the replacement arms.
11) Grease the upper control arm and the outer mounting surfaces of the control arm with lithium grease to avoid that very annoying squeaking sound coming from ungreased bushings rubbing on metal.
12) Install the control arm and bolts. Reverse the bolt from the direction they were installed originally done by jeep engineers. This way you wont have to remove the strut assembly if you need to maintenance your control arms.
13) Reinstall your strut assembly and tighten it up.
14) Tighten up the control arm bolts.
A) install the pin through upper control arm uniball using a spacer on each side. Apply Loctite to the threads on the pin. Install the 5/8 nut on the top of the uni-ball pin.