Jeep Commander Forum banner

Best Shocks and struts w/ RC Lift

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Wombler 
#1 ·
I've had my 06 Commander Limited for just over a year now and have finally pulled the trigger on my Rough Country lift and wheel spacers. Think I'll be going with Falken Wilpeak AT3W's in 265/70/17 on stock wheels for now. Before I put the lift on I want to throw new shocks/ struts but would love input. I've been curious about quick strut assemblies simply becuase the low cost, but also am considering Bilstein 4600's. I know this is a used an abused thread post, but any info/thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!:nerd:

#2 ·
I think the most popular ones on here for price vs. performance is the 4600s you're already looking at. Option being the Monroe Load Adjust in the rears. I think the Monroe's are a little cheaper, but have mixed reviews for longevity. All I remember right off that some people said they start squeaking. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014YG86G/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_10?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1
I'm still slowly assembling my lift/suspension parts so I don't have any personal experience....just done a lot of reading!

#3 ·
I was considering the load levelers too but too much of a mixed bag. I had Bilstein 5100’s on my pervious lifted 2013 JKU and they were awesome, so I’ll most likely pay the extra for the 4600s. I noticed some people went adjustable bilsteins in the rear but just curious about anyone using quickstruts up front. Think stock springs and 4600’s will fit the bill for me though. Just trying to explore decent options and get the best bang for my buck you know.

#4 ·
oh ya, i hear you!
I know there was another thread on here recently with someone asking about experiences with quickstruts. I think the overall opinion is that they were pretty decent, not too many bad things said. Might try looking that one up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.