3.5" Rock krawler lift kit - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Suspension / Lifts This is the place to discuss the suspension, lift systems, and other stuff underneath your Jeep Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
Points: 743, Level: 14 Points: 743, Level: 14 Points: 743, Level: 14
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

3.5" Rock krawler lift kit

does any one have any pictures of a commander with the 3.5" Rock krawler lift and how does it porform what size tires do you have and also some help on info about a spedo calibrator or esp help

also im open to any other lift ideas i dont have the money for the 4" lift im trying to stay under 1000 for the lift does any one have any ideas and tire size help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 07:22 AM
Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98 Points: 27,950, Level: 98
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%

I dont have the rock krawler lift but can give you a little advice. If you are going to run that lift I highly recommend buying some Getlost4x4 UCA's to help with the ball joint angle caused by the lift. I believe that you can still only fit a 265/70R17 with that lift so its more cost effective to just buy a 2 inch lift and not have to worry about getting nex UCA's and having to worry about your cv axle angle. I recommend the BDS 2 inch lift and have also heard good things about a few other lifts.

2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front OME MD Springs w/Superlift Preload Spacer | Rear 4" Superlift Springs | Bilstein 5125 Rear Shocks | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Black Rock 997 Wheels | Fred Goeske 1/4 Inch Wheel Spacers | 305/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R w/Kevlar | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front E-Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Points: 1,249, Level: 19 Points: 1,249, Level: 19 Points: 1,249, Level: 19
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%

https://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...k+krawler+lift

I know Matt88 has this setup you are looking for.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 10:33 AM
Points: 14,892, Level: 79 Points: 14,892, Level: 79 Points: 14,892, Level: 79
Level up: 9% Level up: 9% Level up: 9%

Welcome to the forum.

I don't think $1000 will do it considering you will need the UCA's from GetLost (or will break something if you don't get them). I agree with with 07JeepXK's advice.

Take the left over money from your mod budget and save up for other mods, like rear tire carrier for your bigger spare that won't fit under the jeep, winch, taller tires, winch mount, etc.

Don't forget to get a front-end alignment after any lift. For a 2 inch lift, I did not recalibrate speedo. I just know that I'm going about 9% faster and farther than the speedo shows...e.g. speedo shows 65, I'm really going 70.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Suspension / Lifts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in