Bilstein rear shocks - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Suspension / Lifts This is the place to discuss the suspension, lift systems, and other stuff underneath your Jeep Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 02:24 AM Thread Starter
Points: 9,702, Level: 66 Points: 9,702, Level: 66 Points: 9,702, Level: 66
Level up: 13% Level up: 13% Level up: 13%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Bilstein rear shocks

Is there one particular part number for the shocks I will need when I install my Rocky Road 2.5" lift? I see threads where there are several to choose from.....I have no clue which one, etc. I would have imagined they need to be longer than the stocks b/c of the lift, etc.....is there one particular shock by Bilstein that everyone is getting?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 04:06 AM Thread Starter

Ok...so I think I found it. Is the 5100 the one I would need....or the 5150?

[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]Bilstein Shocks for a 2006 JEEP Commander:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]HD - Recommended shock for most applications, designed to work with the springs that came with your car. These shocks provide improved handling and stability without sacrificing ride comfort.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=2]QTY [/SIZE][SIZE=2]Part #[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]List Price [/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1](per shock)[/SIZE][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=2]Sale Price [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=1](per shock) [/SIZE][SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1][SIZE=2]Notes [/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=2] BE5-D721-H0 [SIZE=-2](FRONT RIGHT&LEFT)[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]$154.00[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]$89.95[/SIZE][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE] [SIZE=1][/SIZE][SIZE=2] BE5-D722-H0 [SIZE=-2](REAR RIGHT&LEFT)[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]$135.00[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]$70.95[/SIZE][SIZE=-2][/SIZE][SIZE=1][/SIZE]

Picking the right shock can be confusing, contact us at [email protected] for help and assistance. If you need to know your production date, generally it can be found on a sticker on the driver's doorframe. Note: If the shocks you are looking for are not listed please e-mail us at [email protected] for further information. Some vehicles use different shocks depending on a number of criteria so it is easier for you to work with us to help you make your choice. Additionally, we are continually adding new product lines so check back regularly. [/SIZE]

Application Key
[SIZE=-1]HD:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Recommended shock for most applications, designed to work with the springs that came with your car.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]SP:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Sport, firmer ride quality than HD, designed for lowered vehicles and sport applications.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]C:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Comfort, if your vehicle originally came with Bilsteins, these are direct replacements.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]TC:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Touring Class, an economical factory replacement model.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Damper:[/SIZE][SIZE=2]Stabilizes steering on those vehicles originally equipped with this type of shock. To be used with OEM mounting kit (not included).[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]BTS:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Suspension kit consisting of 4 shocks/struts and 4 sport springs.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]PSS:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Ride height adjustable coil over suspension kit, includes shocks/struts and sport springs.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]PSS9/PSS10:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Ride height adjustable and dampening adjustable coil over suspension kit, includes shocks/struts and sport springs.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]B16 Ride Control:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Cockpit adjustable damping coilover kit. Includes 4 shocks, 4 springs, and everything required to give the car ride height adjustment and in-cockpit damping adjustability. Three different damping settings with this kit.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Set:[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]A complete set of shocks/struts for all four corners of your vehicle[/SIZE][SIZE=2]5100[/SIZE][SIZE=2]5100 shocks are for lifted trucks, Jeeps and pre-runners and are designed to be used with manufactured lift kits utilizing the stock OEM mounting configuration.[/SIZE][SIZE=2]5150[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Medium duty off road shock with remote reservoir. For lifted trucks and SUVs with light to moderate off road use.[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]6100[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Bilstein's primary shock for off road use. The shock of choice for prerunners, Baja bugs, and medium duty rock crawling.[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]7100[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Heavy duty off road shock for sand, prerunners, and off road racing. Available with or without Schrader valves and remote reservoirs in a variety of valvings.[/SIZE] [SIZE=2]9100[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]The ultimate off road racing shocks. Available in a number of configurations, all are hand built to customer specifications.[/SIZE]
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Points: 11,208, Level: 69 Points: 11,208, Level: 69 Points: 11,208, Level: 69
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

Get Lost is a dealer for these I think. Check out his website of PM him. I think he would gladly set you up.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoulter View Post
Get Lost is a dealer for these I think. Check out his website of PM him. I think he would gladly set you up.

I'll do that! Thanks! I am looking at your sig. .... did you keep your stock wheels? What about tire size? If so...any pics? Thanks
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 09:31 PM
Points: 11,208, Level: 69 Points: 11,208, Level: 69 Points: 11,208, Level: 69
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

Yes I am running the stock rims. I don't like the fact that I need wheel spacers but i really like the rims on it.

Tires go on Friday. They would have been put on yesterday but the wife's car got new shoes as well so being the good husband....

As for pics check out My Garage
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoulter View Post
Yes I am running the stock rims. I don't like the fact that I need wheel spacers but i really like the rims on it.

Tires go on Friday. They would have been put on yesterday but the wife's car got new shoes as well so being the good husband....

As for pics check out My Garage
Thanks for all the helpful info guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Suspension / Lifts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in