Rocky Road Customer Service - Or lack there of... - Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum
Suspension / Lifts This is the place to discuss the suspension, lift systems, and other stuff underneath your Jeep Commander

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Points: 3,771, Level: 38 Points: 3,771, Level: 38 Points: 3,771, Level: 38
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Rocky Road Customer Service - Or lack there of...

Well as you know, a bout 4 weeks ago I placed an order for a RR lift. A couple weeks went by and I didn't hear anything so I contacted them about a week and a 1/2 ago. They gave the story of business being slow and getting caught off-guard this spring and they said it would ship within a couple days.

A week goes by and nothing so then I decided maybe I would cancel my order and go a different route. I've got a trip coming up here in a couple weeks and would like to have the Commander ridin' in style for the trip.

Today after work I contacted RR's online help and here was the results...

you: Hello Charlie - I need to cancel my order (# 2066-5469-8319). I've got a trip coming up here soon and was hoping it would be here and installed by now so I am going to have to go another route.
Charlie: one moment ,,please..
you: ok
Charlie: ok order is canceled , no funds were removed from your credit card . anything else ?
you: I'm assuming since it was back ordered the charge was never put on there?
Charlie: thats what i just said .
you: whatever - thanks
Charlie: ditto
Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.

It took me about 30 minutes of waiting on hold to get a hold of someone and then when I tried to clarify one of his statements, he got a little pissy. I didn't even get a chance to respond back before he ended the session!

Anyways...my order is cancelled and I'm shopping for another option. I'll probably place the order here in the next night or so, hopefully I'll have better luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Points: 8,261, Level: 61 Points: 8,261, Level: 61 Points: 8,261, Level: 61
Level up: 37% Level up: 37% Level up: 37%

Oy... Best of luck, I would say RevTek but they still owe me a sticker... jerkies... but was quick to respond to my original requests.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Points: 15,238, Level: 79 Points: 15,238, Level: 79 Points: 15,238, Level: 79
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%

When I sent emails to RR they would go to someone named Glenn. He was very helpful and very nice even when I was not. The down side to this is that he would promise me things and then when I would call on the phone they would tell me that they could not fulfill his promises. They did give me a credit for the cost of the failed rear spacers to put towards the cost of the OME rear springs but I had to wait a long time. At first I was told that the springs would ship right away. Then after calling to confirm shipping I was told it was going to be another week or two. Then after two weeks I called to check the status and I was told " bla bla bla.. It might be a couple more MONTHS before they ship" ......MONTHS!??!?!?! So after making a big stink over the phone and sending some emails they did ship only a couple weeks later.

Bright Silver 4.7L 2.25 RR/OME lift, Kumho KL71 265/70/17, Flashpaq, Lights, rack, intake, Super44, mopar skids, 4x belly guard, rear fog lights, MM9500 winch, GetLost4x4 winch mount

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HILLBILLY DELUXE

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Points: 11,210, Level: 69 Points: 11,210, Level: 69 Points: 11,210, Level: 69
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%

I was going to get the RR lift originally, but after I spoke to them on the phone, I changed my mind right away and went with Rusty's. Rusty's had awesome customer service. Apparently RR isn't hurting for money because they're not worried about loosing their customers.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Initially I had a good experience with RR, I emailed them with a couple questions and Glenn was very helpful but after waiting for a month for my lift I figured it was time to do something different. Then I asked for a simple clarification and the dude turned into an A-hole.

Oh well, my money will spend just the same with someone else!
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 08:49 PM
Points: 19,553, Level: 88 Points: 19,553, Level: 88 Points: 19,553, Level: 88
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%

Thanks for the input Wes
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Points: 15,238, Level: 79 Points: 15,238, Level: 79 Points: 15,238, Level: 79
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%

I posted this in another thread but I will post it here as well, when I was ordering my springs from RR I was told that they were on back order. After waiting for a couple weeks and being told that it would be months longer they said the reason was they were back ordered from the manufacturer. I then called the local 4wd shop (OK4WD) and they told me they were out of stock in their store. I asked them to call ARB who distributes the OME stuff and they did, ARB said there was no back order on the OME springs. They even said their was "plenty" in stock. I then called RR back and informed them of what I knew and then the springs arrived a day or two later direct from ARB/OME. I don't know the whole story to the deal but I know that it left a bad taste in my mouth from RR. I have lost all confidence in RR but kudos to OK4WD for offering to help me even after I explained the whole scenario and told him that I was trying to get the springs elsewhere. I have always like OK but now they are going to see a lot more business from me and the nice thing is that they are very close so I do not have things shipped to me. HOORAY for OK!

Bright Silver 4.7L 2.25 RR/OME lift, Kumho KL71 265/70/17, Flashpaq, Lights, rack, intake, Super44, mopar skids, 4x belly guard, rear fog lights, MM9500 winch, GetLost4x4 winch mount

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HILLBILLY DELUXE
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

I ordered the Daystar lift last night...let's hope I have a little better luck! I can't wait to get this beast lifted!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 09:42 PM Thread Starter

My lift showed up today! Now I just need to get some time to get it installed. Pictures to come once I get her lifted.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-20-2009, 12:14 AM
Points: 122, Level: 2 Points: 122, Level: 2 Points: 122, Level: 2
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%

I ordered my RR lift over a month ago... It finally came today...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum > Jeep Commander Discussion > Suspension / Lifts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jeep Commander Forums: Jeep Commander Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in