Jeep Commander Forum banner

Ome hd lift finally installed!!!

10K views 30 replies 12 participants last post by  Big Blue 
#1 ·
Hey guys, it has been a while since I’ve been on here but I can finally post my lifted Jeep!!! Thanks to all who have contributed and helped out on this forum

The long Long wait is over!! am so happy with the results, OME HD with RRO 3/8 spacer, 1.25” wheel spacers, Yokohama Geolander G003 265/70r17s, JBAs, new LCAs, rear diff master bearing overhaul, Billet catch can, steel armadillo hood pod mounts, air con line protector and front bumper shackle mounts with 3/4 inch rings and Full Dip (plasti dip equivalent) anthracite candy pearl the front grill.

Still need to fix the slight camber issue by reaming out the LCA slots (annoyed I didn’t do it when the LCAs were off) and a couple more mods on the way. MPG down but have my Diablosport Intune 3 to install to fix that and shift points (I hope)!

One thing i didn’t expect was my hub to fender front measurement jumped from sub 19” to 23 1/4” on the right and 23 left, the rear is only 21”. I added the RRO 3/8 spacer in theory to level out the lift but obviously hasn’t worked out like that! I know the suspension needs to settle but not sure it’s going to settle that much, I might have to add the rear spacers I bought! I thought maybe it would lift to 22” but hey, maybe means I can swap out the 265s for 285s!!

Hope y’all like her!!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
It wouldn’t let me add more than 5 photos so here are some more...

Attachments

#6 ·
Looks great! love the aggressive tires and light mods

#7 ·
You may want to consider removing your RRO spacer up front; these XKs don't handle that much lift well. 22.5" is what most people feel is the limit if you don't want to end up destroying half shafts and steering racks.

I had mine at 23" up front for a few thousand miles and while it was nice being that tall, I destroyed a few aftermarket half shafts and my steering rack is incredibly loose now.

#13 ·
Hmm, I certainly didn’t mean to go as high as that based on where others had got to with the same lift! I’m hoping it settles a little so will see how it plays out over the next few weeks. Any idea how long it takes to settle?

If I could get some more weight on the front I would to drop it down a bit but fully steel bumpers in the UK are not a goer really.

#8 ·
Looks GREAT!!! I ran like that for a long time... At least 150k with the addition of the F150 monroe load levelers in the rear.

I'm sure you have a stiff ride, but you can't beat the look. I recently switched to a RC spacer lift in the front after using 5100's in the lowest setting for a short time with the OME HD. That was the roughest ride of all as your pre-compressing the already super stiff OMEHD. I now have a much softer ride, but not quite the look.... always tradeoffs!

Enjoy!

#10 ·
Looks good. Did you replace the studs in the struts with longer ones? I have the same lift as you and I'm only catching about half of the threads on the back nuts. Wish I would have known ahead of time, but too much work to change them out now.

#19 · (Edited)
265/70/17 Falken Wildpeak M/T all-terrain mud, Then a good looking wheel with proper off set. I do not want to use spacers just me.
I happen to agree with you; I know a lot of guys run wheel spacers and I know there are people here that have run them for several years, with no issues.

Now that being said, wheel spacers are always going to be the Achilles heel of your lifted XK, if you're running them. That's just a fact.

I have never run wheel spacers with any of my lifts (even though I contemplated it at one point) but I didn't ultimately, because of what I've stated above; As long as you conduct your due diligence and research to find the proper rims, with the right offset and backspacing, you should never need to run wheel spacers.

If you choose to run wheel spacers because you like the look/stance they give you, that's another story - but I still wouldn't recommend it for the reasons I've previously stated.

#24 ·
So I finally got round to adding to the rear a 0.75" WJ front spacer (weird but it works - from Rough Country) and an extra coil isolator to sort out the stance and still it isn't enough but it is sitting better! Now I am sitting at 23" at the front and 22" at the rear so will sort that out in the next month or so.

I also removed the rear resonator and re-welded the tip onto the pipe before my new tip arrives. The sound is awesome song with my 18" Magnaflow!, I will try get a clip today to post.

Attachments

#29 ·
So I finally got round to adding to the rear a 0.75" WJ front spacer (weird but it works - from Rough Country) and an extra coil isolator to sort out the stance and still it isn't enough but it is sitting better! Now I am sitting at 23" at the front and 22" at the rear so will sort that out in the next month or so.

I also removed the rear resonator and re-welded the tip onto the pipe before my new tip arrives. The sound is awesome song with my 18" Magnaflow!, I will try get a clip today to post.

Nice work PCP, looking sharp!!

#26 ·
that looks great PCP.

I agree with your comments on steel bumpers in the UK being 'frowned on' :laugh2: you expecting much hassle from the exhaust mod in terms of road side stops?

looking awesome though.

#30 ·
Just finished OME HD full suspension, RRO Trim Packer Front, RRO UCAs, Jeeperf polymer front diff bushings, along with blacked out headlights, fog lights, and black grill. Love the way it turned out! Not too many issues, pinch weld mod, and running 20x9 Black Rhino wheels with 4.29" backspacing and 285/50R20s.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Window Sky

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel Sky

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Sky

#31 · (Edited)
Just finished OME HD full suspension, RRO Trim Packer Front, RRO UCAs, Jeeperf polymer front diff bushings, along with blacked out headlights, fog lights, and black grill. Love the way it turned out! Not too many issues, pinch weld mod, and running 20x9 Black Rhino wheels with 4.29" backspacing and 285/50R20s.
@Brad Dobson ;

As I said in one of your 3 other posts on the same subject, your Commander looks great and obviously your very proud of the work you've done - as you should be.

But honestly, 1 thread with pics on the subject is more than enough & just an FYI for you, thread hi-jacking (which is exactly what you've done here) is discouraged.